National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
President Trump announced Sunday that the U.S. government will designate the far-left group Antifa as a terrorist organization.

This comes as Trump has blamed Antifa for riots taking place across the country in response to the death of George Floyd, the unarmed black man who died May 25 while in police custody in Minneapolis, Minn., after an officer kneeled on his neck for more than 8 minutes in an incident caught on video.

"The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization," Trump tweeted Sunday afternoon.

It remains unclear exactly who was behind the escalation what began as peaceful protests against police, with accusations lobbed against both far-left extremists and white nationalists. The president has been forceful in pointing the finger at the former.

"It’s ANTIFA and the Radical Left. Don’t lay the blame on others!" Trump tweeted Saturday.

Whoops! We couldn't access this Tweet.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was less decisive in stating who is behind the looting, arson, and violence that has taken place. While he called rioters "Antifa-like" during an appearance on Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures," he said, "I think it still remains to be seen exactly how" the situation devolved from peaceful protests to something entirely different.

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison told "Fox News Sunday" he has evidence that people from out-of-state were involved in violent behavior in Minneapolis, but he did not specify whether they were affiliated with any particular group or ideology.

A resolution to designate Antifa as a domestic terrorist organization was introduced in the Senate in 2019, stating that Antifa "represents opposition to the democratic ideals of peaceful assembly and free speech for all[.]"

The measure, sponsored by Sen. Bill Cassidy, R-La., and co-sponsored by Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, came in response to threats and actions Antifa-affiliated individuals made against ICE officials and journalist Andy Ngo.

Trump announces US to designate Antifa as terrorist organization following violent protests

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
"will designate the far-left group Antifa as a terrorist organization. "

About time

A lot of the violent demonstrators, are not there to protest, they are there to create a chaos in the community and many of them were bused in and paid to create chaos, Who is paying them? Well the name George Soros, among others, comes to mind.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,492 Posts
Get the cells at GITMO ready for new inmates!

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Weren't they already stated as a terrorist group by the fbi?

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Does that mean they will arrest Soros and the DNC for funding them?

Reactions: Russ D

·
Registered
4,267 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just curious, you do not think the antifa is "group" that is unorganized?

I am not sure what you are asking me..

I do not believe that ANTIFA is an "organization" in any traditional or customary sense. I think they are a bunch of loosely constructed "groups", doing their own thing.

Just off the top of my head, I am unaware of any mechanism designed to designate a "domestic group" as a terror organization. I will not proclaim that it doesn't exist, I am simply unaware of it, do not recall it ever happening in the past and do not think it works that way.

Please do not misunderstand, I am not defending ANTIFA . If Trump wants to designate them a terror organization, that's fine, I just don't know how he achieves such a thing. I will wait and see.

·
Jesus Saves
7,688 Posts
I am not sure what you are asking me..

I do not believe that ANTIFA is an "organization" in any traditional or customary sense. I think they are a bunch of loosely constructed "groups", doing their own thing.

Just off the top of my head, I am unaware of any mechanism designed to designate a "domestic group" as a terror organization. I will not proclaim that it doesn't exist, I am simply unaware of it, do not recall it ever happening in the past and do not think it works that way.

Please do not misunderstand, I am not defending ANTIFA . If Trump wants to designate them a terror organization, that's fine, I just don't know how he achieves such a thing. I will wait and see.
I am not questioning your stand on the antifa; I just have never heard that term/phrase "loosely structured domestic group". It just caught my eye. That was my only reason for asking you.

I agree, I will wait and see.

·
Registered
38 Posts
1) "Antifa" isn't an organization. Look at www.antifa.com. The ANTIFA "logo" is in German. The site practically screams white supremacist fakery or, at least, foreign
attempts to intervene in our country. The silly capitalization throughout the text is a clue.
2) Trump can't "declare" a loosely affiliated group of Americans a "terrorist organization."

Trump's further attempts to become a dictator are disturbing and will cause even more civil unrest.

·
Registered
492 Posts
1) "Antifa" isn't an organization. Look at www.antifa.com. The ANTIFA "logo" is in German. The site practically screams white supremacist fakery or, at least, foreign
attempts to intervene in our country. The silly capitalization throughout the text is a clue.
2) Trump can't "declare" a loosely affiliated group of Americans a "terrorist organization."

Trump's further attempts to become a dictator are disturbing and will cause even more civil unrest.
Yeah! How dare Trump say people should have a right to say anything against antifa and what they say! Freedom of speech is such tyranny!!
And how dare Trump think anyone should work and try to end unemployment and force people have a better life.

Yeah,,,,that's all sarcasm. Your true colors come out. You are an antifa sympathizer or member trying to put the blame on Trump.
Logo in German?
Bad grammar?
Can't have an opinion that disagrees with antifa.....

Who are the tyrants and facists?
It ain't TRUMP.
SMDarnH

Wag!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Jesus Saves
7,688 Posts

The antifa organization fits every definition of an organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
At the very least a criminal gang. They need to be treated like the violent criminals and thugs they are.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Barney
101 Posts
Not taking a side, I just agree that the president does not declare some group a terrorist organization and that's all there is to it. And just because a headline says it doesn't make it a fact. I believe it takes more than a presidential tweet to get on the list.

·
Jesus Saves
7,688 Posts
Many people believe the antifa organization is an arm (financed and managed) via the far left democrats; very similar to the BLM organization. Many believe if you follow the money, it will lead to the same anti-American efforts to bring America down.

I am not saying Trump can or cannot declare them a domestic terrorist organization, I am saying they are in fact an organization that wants to destroy America as we know it.

I wish they would declare ANY anti-American organization as a domestic terrorist group; including BLM.

Just sayin'

·
Registered
631 Posts
Is this from Onion or the Babylon Bee? Truth to tell, trying to sort real news, fake news , and yardy-harr-harr BS is becoming a major headache.

·
Jesus Saves
7,688 Posts
One must at least think about things. For years we have had political support and funding for organizations like (but not limited to) students for a democratic society, weathermen, occupy wallstreet, antifa and more. When you follow the money and those supporting the socio-political movement one starts to put pieces together.

Just sayin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts