National Gun Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/28/ttrump-admin-names-gun-makers-retailers-essential-businesses-nationwide/

President Trump’s Department of Homeland Security released updated guidelines naming gun manufacturers and retailers as essential on Saturday, which means they are to stay open and operational nationwide during a Chinese coronavirus shutdown.

The DHS guidelines list as essential:

• Workers supporting the manufacturing of safety equipment and uniforms for law enforcement, public safety personnel, and first responders.
  • Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges.
The Second Amendment Foundation’s Alan Gottlieb commented on the DHS declaration, saying, “Every freedom loving American owes President Trump and his administration a very big thank you for protecting our Second Amendment Rights. This is another Trump promise made and promise keep.”

The DHS declaration comes just days after Governor Phil Murphy (D) laughed in the face of a man who expressed concern that the statewide shutdown in New Jersey had put an end to gun sales, thereby eliminating the ability to get a firearm for self-defense.

Breitbart News reported the concerned man asking Murphy, “If less guns reduce crime, will you give up your personal bodyguards?”

Murphy responded by intimating that he and the citizen had a philosophical difference in the role guns play, with the governor believing “a safer society has fewer guns, not more guns. And the guns that do exist are in the hands of the right people — particularly trained members of law enforcement.”

The governor then giggled, referenced an armed law enforcement member next to him, and said, “It is what it is.”

:thumbsup:

·
Aim true !
10,261 Posts
Awesome news. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
a new media circus is coming.........

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
It’s times like this that cause runs or panic buying. It’s times like this that change into gunners or fence sitters to move towards gun ownership. That’s a good thing. People see that they need to be more self reliant. Lessons are being learned. Minds are being changed better and stronger than any other persuasive means. It’s hitting home for so many people. They are seeing that the laws they were in favor of aren’t in their best interests.

·
Barney
107 Posts
In Illinois pet stores are considered essential. My nephew is the manager of a Pet Co, or something like that. He says people who don't even have pets are coming to the store just because nothing else is open.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,923 Posts
Planned Parenthood abortion clinics are considered essential. Go figure.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Planned Parenthood abortion clinics are considered essential. Go figure.
..... and all elective surgery is non-essential. Don't ask me, I don't understand it.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Does this override governors of each state? My area is still closed. I imagine that it will take a few days to filter down but I can see governors fighting this. By the time it is settled the closures will be over.

·
Super Moderator
11,341 Posts
I'm still seeing that NM gun stores are still closed. Mostly.

Saturday, Cabela's was closed but Sportsman's Warehouse was open. Radio ad today was saying that only phone in orders and internet orders were being filled.

--Wag--

·
Live Free
2,872 Posts
I'm still seeing that NM gun stores are still closed. Mostly.

Saturday, Cabela's was closed but Sportsman's Warehouse was open. Radio ad today was saying that only phone in orders and internet orders were being filled.

--Wag--
Just curious, but is Ron Peterson Guns open?

·
Barney
107 Posts
It is a recommendation and guideline. I don't think that the president can just step on state's rights. Funny though how people who complain about big government are all about Trump taking everything over. I read that the Prime Minister of Hungary just suspended their parliament and took over the country until further notice. I wonder how many people in the U.S. would roll over for that.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is a recommendation and guideline. I don't think that the president can just step on state's rights. Funny though how people who complain about big government are all about Trump taking everything over. I read that the Prime Minister of Hungary just suspended their parliament and took over the country until further notice. I wonder how many people in the U.S. would roll over for that.
You also need to consider that state's rights can not just step on Constitutionally protected rights, either. Even though, many lefty states try to.

·
Barney
107 Posts
You also need to consider that state's rights can not just step on Constitutionally protected rights, either. Even though, many lefty states try to.
That is very true. Yes, lots of "lefty states", as you call them, do. But that isn't what is happening here. I'll all for the second amendment and I'm all for gun stores staying open. But the rub is that the second amendment protects your right to bear arms not buy them. So the states can close stores without stepping on anyone's rights. Anyway, I don't know where I'm going with this. I just felt the urge to comment. Hope everyone is well and has the guns that they need to get through this, if it comes to that. Which I don't think it will, but who knows.

·
Registered
694 Posts
As long as the Federal Government controls who can manufacture guns and who can sell them, they have a responsibility to make sure we have access to them. Otherwise all that control immediately becomes unconstitutional. At the time the Constitution was ratified, there was no federal controls on who could make, own or distribute any arms. Including cannons. The WMD at the time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,341 Posts
Just curious, but is Ron Peterson Guns open?
They're closed until 4/10 and promising to be fully stocked.

Drove past Bulldog on Southern and they were wide open, selling cases of ammo on the sidewalk. Might have to drop in on them tomorrow.

--Wag--

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Live Free
2,872 Posts
They're closed until 4/10 and promising to be fully stocked.

Drove past Bulldog on Southern and they were wide open, selling cases of ammo on the sidewalk. Might have to drop in on them tomorrow.

--Wag--
On the sidewalk huh? Yeah, might be the right place to stop.

·
Super Moderator
11,341 Posts
I was mistaken. I went over to Bulldog and they weren't cases of ammo, they were stone blocks they installed to prevent maroons from crashing into the storefront.

Nearly all display cases were empty. Crazy. Very little ammo. More crazy.

--Wag--

1 - 19 of 19 Posts