National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two truck fires in our area in a week in which both of them burned completely up. We saw the one in Goliad County shortly after it happened and the tractor was completely burned. Everything but glass and steel was gone. Completely destroyed the concrete at the weigh station drive through.

I can't imagine what is causing these trucks to burn like that.

Alan

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
28,558 Posts
Short of being a result of arson, it probably was an electrical short. They are running trucks a lot longer and putting more miles on them.

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
AZHerper
5,782 Posts
Short of being a result of arson, it probably was an electrical short. They are running trucks a lot longer and putting more miles on them.
And the high demand has pushed the price of diesel to over 6 bucks a gallon. Some people say it's the tax but diesel tax is only 8 cents per gallon more than gas. It's the old law of supply and demand. It's costing truckers with 150 gallon tanks almost a grand to fill up. Thanks Joe! :mad:

·
Registered
16,567 Posts
My guess would be something with the electrical, emissions systems/DPF or something coming into contact with the DPF. Trucks run hotter now than the older ones, especially the exhaust. We've had quite a few truck fires. Mostly from stuff in the loads but a few were electrical and thankfully put out quickly. Another thought is the driver had some device with a lithium battery charging in the truck. I have been seeing quite a few fires starting from these lately. Seems like many we from E-bikes but some were from other things like phones, cordless tools etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts