National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Aim true !
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to do the indoor league this winter. I'll have time. I have a lot of practice to work on. I set up a make do target at 50 foot on a 8x12 sheet of paper. Tried with my colt 1911-22 and my Ruger MK3 and 4. The colt i put 25 out of 30 on paper. The rugers 14 and the 15 with the other. I think the 1911 is balanced better. The league targets are 10 inch targets. Tomorrow before the skeet shoot. Im going to try my Chiappa 1911-22 and SW 22-A1. I want to have a back up gun. They have indoors practice weds eves at the club. I'll learn more about the rules and that then.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Aim true !
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes im hoping. I wish it was reactive targets. I was shooting at cans this am one handed. Did much better with them lol. I like when stuff moves after you shoot it. I need to get used to more boring targets im going to get into come competing. The nearest steel challenge is an hour away. That is something i could get into too. Our club is building a new out door pistol range that is supposed to have tactical shooting too. So maybe that will turn into something. I know the PD is looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
7,544 Posts
We used to shoot these “pin” matches. There was 5 steel bowling pins 25’ away and it was a timed event. You start with the gun in your hand but on the table. You nod when you’re ready and there’s a random beep and we would knock down those pins in 2-3 seconds and 3-4 seconds with a 9mm. You would get three tries. It was a ball.

·
Live Free
3,508 Posts
I try to shoot my carry gun one handed and off hand fairly regular so I am training to handle the gun in various conditions since it is likely if the time comes to actually defend it will hardly be ideal conditions. One handed shooting is good practice!

·
Aim true !
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back from trying the Chiappa 1911-22 and my SW 22 A1. The SW and the Colt 1911 22 are going to be the ones i compete with. I hit 4 bullseyes with the SW. Now to kill some time before heading out for skeet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts