National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the laws as far as transporting a handgun through the state of Nevada. Does it have to be separate from ammo. From what I have read it's an open carry state. Just want to cover myself. I go through Henderson and bull city to get to Kingman. Please help. Thank you in advance. Have a bless day.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You can also generally look on the state police site for each state, and you can even call the state police on their non-emergency #. Hard to believe, but people on gun forums are not always the best source for up to date legal information.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The Firearms Owners Protection Act is the law that covers interstate firearms transport. Provided you are legally allowed to possess a firearm where you are traveling from and where you are traveling to, you are ptotected, within its restrictions. If you have carry permits that are valid in all three states, that supercedes FOPA. If you do not have a valid carry permit, make sure that you adhere to FOPA and to state law when you arrive in AZ.

FOPA

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do also be cautious if your journey takes you onto Indian reservations. In Indian Country, FOPA prevails as long as you do not break your journey (don’t stop for anything). If you do stop and have any contact with law enforcement, you’ll quickly find that tribal law prevails and many tribes prohibit guns on reservation land. In Indian Country, a state concealed weapons permit isn’t worth the material it’s printed on.

·
Registered
793 Posts
IANAL, but what I generally do is take two metal ammo boxes, and drill them at a corner of the lid, and the top of the side, close enough to pass a padlock. One holds the gun(s), one holds the ammo, and they go into the bottom of the trunk, under everything else.

Go where you are going, don't waste time, or make unnecessary side trips. Avoid bad things, bad areas, and places, and bad times. Generally, the cops don't pull somebody over, and search their vehicle, without cause or reason.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Never consent to a search. Take your ticket, show whatever paperwork and licenses the state requires but do not give the police permission to search your vehicle. Even if they use the old, "If you're innocent you have nothing to hide".

Read each State's regulations before you start your trip, make sure you know where your permit is honored and where you have to declare a weapon to police if stopped.

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
I love these posts. Who’s crazy enough to risk their freedom on a internet Forum web site?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts