National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this fall, I'm going to try trapping for the 1st time. I've been reading up on anything I can find about it, to try and get a better idea as to what I'm going to be doing. I was wondering if any of y'all had any advice youd like to pass along that maybe you wish you were told when you were just starting out.

·
Aim true !
11,953 Posts
What are you trapping for? I used to help my father trap. He trapped for ***** and muskrats. He used to cook his traps in a vat full of walnuts before the season. Yes the whole walnut. After he got **** hounds we stopped trapping.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly **** and coyote. The area I hunt has a huge coyote population, and I dont think anyone there hunts them.

·
Aim true !
11,953 Posts
For ***** he used sardines. Yotes i have no idea. Im sure others will though,

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Last time I was involved in any type of trapping is when my wife trapped me into marriage.
Must have been one heck of a trap, going on 27 years now.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,852 Posts
Normally I would strongly advise against using leg traps. Mostly because they can break a varmint's leg, and if you happen to catch the neighbor's dog/cat/child., it can royally piss off a neighbor. Another thing, if you leg trap a ****, rabbit, etc., they will cry out in pain and terror, which may bring in coyotes for a free meal. Unless you want to attract coyotes to your neighborhood, I wouldn't use leg traps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts