National Gun Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Mr.
203 Posts
Hello all!

I'm in the midst of a gender transition, and I'm looking to get involved in the shooting sports again. How queer-friendly do ranges/venues tend to be? Do you know of any LGBT+ gun groups?

Thank you!
Unless you feel the need to announce it as you walk through the door like you did here, how could that possibly make any difference to anyone, any where?

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
I agree, Elvis has left the building; yet another troll

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,407 Posts
"All I can tell you is, to my knowledge, no one with a beard has shown up wearing a dress."

I saw one at mine...It was a oh I would say a 270 pound 6 foot 3 red bearded guy with a strong Scottish accent built like a tank wearing a kilt lol, no one said anything about his dress

From what I could hear he was in those telephone pole toss competitions

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
there is one other real life aspect to this discussion that comes to mind......

say what you will, but i have never heard of a heated argument happening at a gun range....nor an argument or bigotry involving a mexican, black, asian, woman, gay feller, or even a democrat being at a gun range.....

just perhaps there is a simple reason that such head-on clashes and arguments do not break out on the firing line...simply the fact that an armed society is a polite society....and gun ranges seem to be one of the most polite places i visit....

so i propose that everyone carry firearms everywhere and all times.......we would have a very polite society.......like at the gun range.....

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
"All I can tell you is, to my knowledge, no one with a beard has shown up wearing a dress."

I saw one at mine...It was a oh I would say a 270 pound 6 foot 3 red bearded guy with a strong Scottish accent built like a tank wearing a kilt lol, no one said anything about his dress

From what I could hear he was in those telephone pole toss competitions
Sounds like my kind of guy.
Maybe we are related?
Never, I repeat Never call a Scots kilt a dress

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,407 Posts
Quote " say what you will, but i have never heard of a heated argument happening at a gun range....nor an argument or bigotry involving a mexican, black, asian, woman, gay feller, or even a democrat being at a gun range....."

We also had a threesome of muslims once, like you said no one said anything but you could feel (and i'm sure they felt it too) a little tension in the air. It didn't help that all 3 of them were a little squirly . At any moment if you glanced at other shooters on the firing line, someone was looking at them including a range officer who was doing his job well, concentrating on the ones who looked nervous. They shot about 3 boxes of 9mm with a glock and they left..... What was the thread about????
:lol:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
If the OP happens to circle back this way, I’d like to offer some perspective. Most gun owners you find in a range are down to earth. There will be all types of personalities there but understand the reason 90% of them are there. They own guns to ensure no one imposes their will on them. If you go in trying to impose your “reality” on them, it won’t be welcomed by the majority. The conscious and subconscious mind hate being lied to. I don’t think anyone really cares that you’re gay. When you parade around as something you aren’t, you are attempting to force them to accept a false reality, it’s taken as an act of aggression whether they know it or not. They may be polite but it’ll most likely be uncomfortable for both parties. If you’re an obnoxious flaming queen... just don’t. You may as well be parading around in fatigues with metals hanging off your chest and never having actually served in the military.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think this is what separates us from the other side: To each his own.” Although, this does necessary add-up in our minds or come across as rational, hence judge the sin not the sinner. I suspect anyone is welcomed to any gun range provided you carry yourself in a respectful way and are not trying to attract attention.

IMHO, I could care less. I am there to shot and improve my skill not cast judgment upon others. If that is who you think you are, so be it.

It is the flagrant and “in your face” attitude that results in backlash, rebuke and condemnation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,182 Posts
As has been hit on in this thread..... It's the imposition of "YOU MUST EXCEPT ME" being shoved upon people where the issue arises.
My late father used to say..."I don't walk in to a room and say, Hi I'm Mr. Speed I'm a heterosexual"
The fact that they choose to define themselves by their sexual preference or gender confusion is much more the problem then their chosen gender or choice of partner.
Also the fact that your character will be assassinated as you are NOT allowed to have a contrarian opinion. You MUST accept them or you will be destroyed.

I think many people really don't care. They begin caring when someone else's choices are imposed on them.

Oddly enough, My 2 sons are in their late teens. They had friends over the other night and a subject similar to this came up. We were actually discussing the outright assault on the first amendment and how no one is safe from it. Used to be comedy was the last bastion of free speech but even that is changing and the cancel culture is attacking comedians that joke about things they find offensive. I told them that I flat out feel terrible for them because the world they are growing into absolutely sucks.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,782 Posts
I think this is what separates us from the other side: To each his own.” Although, this does necessary add-up in our minds or come across as rational, hence judge the sin not the sinner. I suspect anyone is welcomed to any gun range provided you carry yourself in a respectful way and are not trying to attract attention.

IMHO, I could care less. I am there to shot and improve my skill not cast judgment upon others. If that is who you think you are, so be it.

It is the flagrant and “in your face” attitude that results in backlash, rebuke and condemnation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
More crudely put; if you're there to shoot, you're gonna be okay. If you're there to 'show your ass', there's gonna be problems.

·
Super Moderator
11,198 Posts
More crudely put; if you're there to shoot, you're gonna be okay. If you're there to 'show your ass', there's gonna be problems.

Best end to the thread.

--Wag--

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.