National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think the best LEO training is provided at the Federal Level, The State Level or at the city/county level??

G

·
I see this area doesn't get much traffic, but will post my $.02 on it.

I think that there should be some areas that should be taught at each level, but can all be accomplished on the local level. For example, flying while armed, since it is regulated at the federal level. That doesn't mean that they have to actually provide the training though. They can provide the lesson plans, and course objectives. Overall, I think local, or regional is best, because then each area can tailor the training to suit their needs.

I don't need to know about mountain searches, or river rescue living in a city with a creek running through it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have never trained with the Feds, but our training involves a pretty comprehensive program. We do all the basics, then shoot and move, use of cover/concealment, multiple adversaries, weak hand shooting/reloading, man down drills, patrol rifle and transition to pistol, night shoots, building clearing exercises, Simunitions training, etc. My agency is a large city police dept. Population of the city is 155,000.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Acadamies are necassary but the best training is the street, and when the lead starts to fly the only trainig that will help is the training that you got at the range, and previous gun involved situations

1 - 4 of 4 Posts