National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SHOOTS STRAIGHT.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just toured STI International in Georgetown Texas. They took us through the whole facility. I believe that they make the best 1911 and 2011 pistols anywhere. I plan on purchasing one as soon as possible. I had the best time when they opened up the company safes and showed us every model they make. It probably took them hours to wipe all the drool off of them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
1911 has had a goog thing going for a long time. Everyone and their brother makes one. Les baer makes a good one

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I would love to see the manufacturing plant. Sounds like fun!

·
SHOOTS STRAIGHT.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My daughter and my money go to college here in Georgetown, while i was here thought i would come look at the factory. They make a great product but there is a 4 and a half month wait to get a gun (big time back order). I am going to get my order in as soon as possible for one. IF YOUR GOING TO CARRY, CARRY THE BEST.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I was going to go to work for Dan Wesson, a short ride from where we were going to live in upstate NY.

Plans have changed, but hey, they make some dang nice pistols as well. LOL.

It's always cool to me to see manufacturing plants, especially one that makes those blanks of steel turn into firearms.

·
SHOOTS STRAIGHT.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I ordered my STI Elektra today in 45 caliber. Now I have to wait for 18 weeks for delivery. I don't know if i can stand the wait. FYI, price was $1407.00 total.

·
Hunt Forever!
155 Posts
I would love to tour a plant like that.

--FT

·
SHOOTS STRAIGHT.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, I finaly got my STI Elektra in after 13 weeks of waiting. Took it out back and shot a few rounds, and I am officially in love with this gun. So smooth and suprisingly less recoil than expected. Now the search is on for a good holster for concealed carry.

·
SHOOTS STRAIGHT.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do they also make the Single Action six guns at that location?
They said when I was there in march that they don't make those any more. The only way to get one now is from a dealer that has one in stock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been reading a lot of Stephen Camp's posts lately. He passed away and is sorely missed. I remember him recommending the STI. I have never owned a 1911, but when the time comes I will remember Mr. Camp's recommendations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts