National Gun Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at part kits for a rpk and I came across one that was well priced but the receiver had been torched and I was wondering if I would need to send it to dealer to
be picked up or straight to my house 20jul18_yugkt-6447-4158-ro1_1.jpg

·
Registered
13,826 Posts
If it's a parts kit and the receiver is inoperable or missing you should be able to have it shipped direct being it's just parts and not a gun. I have been meaning to make a post about parts kits on here as i have some questions. Maybe later if i remember.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Any LEGAL gun part (no bumpstocks) may be shipped through the post office or UPS/FEDEX. What is not legal is pistols or receivers to long guns. 80% receivers are OK for ANY GUN.

Any Foreign gun or parts are legal when brought to the U.S.by a broker or dealer that is for resale IF they abide by the TRADE laws on guns. The dealer can ship directly to your home or business.

Most parts kits will cost more than a complete NEW/USED gun from a store or individual but you also will have built a GHOST GUN and is legal as long as you don't sell it or give it away. You can build as many guns as you want and is legal as long as you don't do those 2 things. That is in the BATFE website. Anything you do can cost you everything including your FREEDOM!! Ignorance of the law is NO EXCUSE and if you don't know something, find out before you do anything you're not sure about as the BATFE only has to show INTENT!!

Screenshot-2020-1-5 Egyptian AKM Parts Set, w Romanian Laminated Wood, Matching, 7 62X39, Good .png Priced too high in my opinion.

If you use ALL the parts in that kit, you will be committing a FELONY!!! Must be 922 compliant!!!
Screenshot-2020-1-5 Egyptian AKM Parts Set, w Romanian Laminated Wood, Matching, 7 62X39, Good .png

·
Registered
737 Posts
If it's a parts kit and the receiver is inoperable or missing you should be able to have it shipped direct being it's just parts and not a gun. I have been meaning to make a post about parts kits on here as i have some questions. Maybe later if i remember.
NY is a hard place to get gun parts into when buying on line. Better to go out of State and purchase parts and carry back and hope and pray that you will be within the law. I won't even go through NY because of their gun Laws.

WARNING: This product has been restricted in some states. Please visit our shipping restrictions to find out whether it is legal for us to ship this item to you PRIOR TO CHECKOUT. Always consult your local laws and ordinances.

Restrictions as of May 1[SUP]st[/SUP], 2018
It is the customer's responsibility to know and comply with the laws in his or her jurisdiction prior to purchasing or using APEX Gun Parts products.
Due to Federal and State laws, we are unable to ship certain items to certain states. If you live in one of these states, and have these items in your cart, you must remove them to continue the checkout process.

The above was for magazines for the AK.

Know the Law before you purchase ANYTHING pertaining to guns in your STATE!!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
What is "torched?" Was that the method of of demilling? You need to be careful using the Radar O'Reilly technique of sending a jeep home piece by piece. Prohibited firearms can't be circumvented by assembling the imported parts. There's a limit on the number of parts do your homework thoroughly. I can tel you but if I'm wrong I'm not going to do the jail time.

·
Registered
13,826 Posts
NY is a hard place to get gun parts into when buying on line. Better to go out of State and purchase parts and carry back and hope and pray that you will be within the law. I won't even go through NY because of their gun Laws.

WARNING: This product has been restricted in some states. Please visit our shipping restrictions to find out whether it is legal for us to ship this item to you PRIOR TO CHECKOUT. Always consult your local laws and ordinances.

Restrictions as of May 1[SUP]st[/SUP], 2018
It is the customer's responsibility to know and comply with the laws in his or her jurisdiction prior to purchasing or using APEX Gun Parts products.
Due to Federal and State laws, we are unable to ship certain items to certain states. If you live in one of these states, and have these items in your cart, you must remove them to continue the checkout process.

The above was for magazines for the AK.

Know the Law before you purchase ANYTHING pertaining to guns in your STATE!!

I have never had a problem buying gun parts online and over the past few years i have order a boat load of them. Obviously they won't ship mags over 10 rounds or other prohibited items. Even some items that may be prohibited can be shipped. Example, you can't have a threaded barrel on a semi auto but you can buy threaded barrels for AR's all day long because it's up to you to make the gun legal by making it not semi, fixed mags etc.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,957 Posts
Generally, if it has a serial number it has to go through an FFL.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts
I have never had a problem buying gun parts online and over the past few years i have order a boat load of them. Obviously they won't ship mags over 10 rounds or other prohibited items. Even some items that may be prohibited can be shipped. Example, you can't have a threaded barrel on a semi auto but you can buy threaded barrels for AR's all day long because it's up to you to make the gun legal by making it not semi, fixed mags etc.
Know the laws. They contain many traps for the unknowing.

A seller can legally ship parts kits that, if assembled into working firearms, are not 922 compliant and therefore, illegal.

·
Super Moderator
5,788 Posts
So what are you really trying to ask OP from CA?

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
Registered
13,826 Posts
Know the laws. They contain many traps for the unknowing.

A seller can legally ship parts kits that, if assembled into working firearms, are not 922 compliant and therefore, illegal.
Yeah i get that. I see machinegun parts kits advertised all the time but they dont have a receiver or it's cut into several pieces. If you turn in back into a machinegun it's obviously illegal. The same could be said about the threaded barrel example i gave. It's just a part which is legal and will still be legal if you put it on a non semi or fixed mag AR but put it on a semi auto AR and it's illegal(in NY)
There was a guy on youtube that had some torched full auto belt fed parts gun(forgot what it was but i think it was russian) He's a machinist and rebuilt the receiver by welding it back together and was turning it into a closed bolt semi auto belt fed gun. Halfway through the build he stopped posting and many thought he was arrested for something he may have done wrong and then he came back a year later and did another video saying life got busy and then poof he's been mia again for quite some time. it's under "ammochannel". Check it out, you might find the work he did interesting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So would the gun be legal if i just put a modern assembly that made it semi rather then full auto?Would I be able to keep the full auto assembly or would that require atf form 4?

·
Aim true !
11,076 Posts
Possessing the full auto parts is illegal too. Without the proper paperwork.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Possessing the full auto parts is illegal too. Without the proper paperwork.
You are misinformed on that. Anyone can buy the parts but as I have said elsewhere on this Forum mostly Gun Smiths and owners of FA weapons USUALLY buy those parts.

If for some reason the LAW or BATFE catches you with them in your possession and a gun that they will work in (AR)(AK) then they only have to show INTENT for you to be arrested and sent to prison. I don't recommend getting the parts just IN CASE you might want them in the future. Look online and you can find them at a lot of places but a warning that YOU are responsible for abiding by the LAWS.

Ignorance of the Law is no excuse!!

Read about half way on the parts list where it states "ALL NFA RULES APPLY"

Screenshot-2020-1-6 M-16 M16 Fire Control Trigger Group Replacement Parts Set Kit w Ambi Selecto.jpg Screenshot-2020-1-6 Class II Gunsmith Fixtures FTF Industries Inc - Firearms Parts Accessories.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,788 Posts
If that firearm has a full auto sear (which I highly doubt) its illegal to sell to someone who is not legal to own. That M16 parts kit wont be legal to sell to the People. All full auto sears in the United States are serial numbered and treated it self as a firearm. They're even illegal to own, possess, manufacture, produce, n make. You see sellers on G/B saying they have full auto sears. First its illegal for them to sell to the People. Second I wouldn't even touch that trap. You'll be in jail within a week after you purchased it and received it, if not sooner. Just having a f/a receiver / s third hole receiver or an additional cut in the receiver rail alone will net you a long stay in jail, they're illegal for people to own n manufacture.

Now with this if they have the tens of thousands of dollars (looking round 30K n up for an f/a AK) plus willing to go through all the red tape and then still go through after purchasing with a f/r rifle - one is able to be purchased legally, depending on your state laws too, if the firearm was made before 19 May 86.

Though not disagreeing with you, laws wont stop stupid people or criminals from making or building anything.

·
Aim true !
11,076 Posts
I was going on the bases of the auto sear. Saw a discussion about them not long ago.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If that firearm has a full auto sear (which I highly doubt) its illegal to sell to someone who is not legal to own. That M16 parts kit wont be legal to sell to the People. All full auto sears in the United States are serial numbered and treated it self as a firearm. They're even illegal to own, possess, manufacture, produce, n make. You see sellers on G/B saying they have full auto sears. First its illegal for them to sell to the People. Second I wouldn't even touch that trap. You'll be in jail within a week after you purchased it and received it, if not sooner. Just having a f/a receiver / s third hole receiver or an additional cut in the receiver rail alone will net you a long stay in jail, they're illegal for people to own n manufacture.

Now with this if they have the tens of thousands of dollars (looking round 30K n up for an f/a AK) plus willing to go through all the red tape and then still go through after purchasing with a f/r rifle - one is able to be purchased legally, depending on your state laws too, if the firearm was made before 19 May 86.

Though not disagreeing with you, laws wont stop stupid people or criminals from making or building anything.
I guess you didn't read what I posted as to where you can buy the parts legally> ( just one place shown) Go to the web site and call him if you don't believe me and he will sell to you -me-anyone.

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO OWN OR BUY F/A GUN PARTS!!!

·
Aim true !
11,076 Posts
Under the NFA, it is illegal for any private civilian to own any fully automatic weapons manufactured after May 19, 1986. Only certain types of FFL/SOTs may make them, and then only for purchase by qualified state and federal agencies. There are no exceptions. According to the ATF’s official handbook on NFA laws and regulations, it’s not even legal to make new replacement parts for pre-1986 machine guns: “There is no exception allowing for the lawful production, transfer, possession, or use of a post-May 18, 1986 machinegun receiver as a replacement receiver on a weapon produced prior to May 19, 1986.”
https://thefederalist.com/2017/10/02/actual-federal-laws-regulating-machine-guns-u-s/

Its about 2/3 down the page.

Reactions: QuickdrawMcgraw

·
Registered
737 Posts
Any semi automatic gun can be turned into a fully automatic gun. If you do, then you have just committed a FELONY.

In the case of an AR and an AK, if the 3rd hole is in the receiver, you have an full automatic gun, regardless if you haven't even put a barrel or other parts on it. You just committed a FELONY

YOU MAY NOT BUILD A FULLY AUTOMATIC GUN UNLESS YOU HAVE A MANUFACTURERS LICENSE AND BUILD GUNS FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR TO BE SHIPPED TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY.

PLEASE obey all laws and if you don't no the law, find out BEFORE you do something STUPID!

·
Registered
737 Posts
What is "torched?" Was that the method of of demilling? You need to be careful using the Radar O'Reilly technique of sending a jeep home piece by piece. Prohibited firearms can't be circumvented by assembling the imported parts. There's a limit on the number of parts do your homework thoroughly. I can tel you but if I'm wrong I'm not going to do the jail time.
The preferred method for destroying a machinegun rece
iver is to completely
sever the receiver in
specified locations by means of a cutting torch that disp
laces at least one-quarter inch of material at each
cut location. ATF has published rulings concerning
the preferred destruction of specific machineguns.
A machinegun receiver may also be
properly destroyed by means of saw
cutting and disposing of certain
removed portions of the receiver. To
ensure that the proposed saw cu
tting of a particular machinegun
receiver is acceptable, FTB should be contacted for guidance and approval of a
ny alternative destruction
proposal.
Note
:
a machinegun receiver that is not properly