National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me some time to get relaxed shooting. A little stress driving. From goofs on the road. After i got in the grove i grouped tight with the A22. Ran the winchester 555 bulk again. Also shoot my axis 223. Loaded with 7 grains of red dot. RMR 55 grain bullets. I had a flyer with one round. Distance 100 yards.
a22group.JPG
223group.JPG

Reactions: deputy

·
Aim true !
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It needs a cleaning before next outing. It started to stove pipe.

·
Live Free
2,867 Posts
Winchester bulk causes stove pipes in all of my Ruger .22's occasionally. So do Remington, so I shoot mostly CCI and/or Federal bulk. For me Federal range pack runs good and is accurate for cheap ammo.

·
Aim true !
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a brick of Federal bulk in the red box and 2 1100 round boxes of Federal black. I thought i had some Federal target in the blue box. But i don't. I'll try the federal next. I still need to test my armscor 22 ammo too.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
cci is purty much my go-to ammo for competition, small game, or anything i deem that deserves the best i can deliver.......all other brands are for me plinking.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
You can take that bulk 22 and get some very good ammunition with it by using a rim thickness gauge, then weigh those groups and put them together accordingly.
I did a thread on it a few years ago when I was shooting competition. It really does make a difference, I ended up 13th in the southeast, fastest time just a few to many penalty points.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I love my A22. Most ammo.groups about like yours but CCI minimag HPs will do right at or under an inch at 100yds if I do my part. Find the ammo it likes and they are tack drivers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts