National Gun Forum banner

Took some interesting photos last night.

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  glennc 
G
#1 ·
My son and I went on a horse rescue up to Ramona - and passed some
homes that didn't make it. It was a very harrowing night, indeed!

All was well at dawn.

... and today we transported food to the stadium for the burned out and
evacuated fire refugees. So far there have been over 265,000 of them. In
the last 24 hours I've met so many heros I can't list them all - or relate all
their stories they've told me. Makes one proud to be an American!
:-B-:

See less See more
G
#2 ·
zipperzap said:
My son and I went on a horse rescue up to Ramona - and passed some
homes that didn't make it. It was a very harrowing night, indeed!

All was well at dawn.

... and today we transported food to the stadium for the burned out and
evacuated fire refugees. So far there have been over 265,000 of them. In
the last 24 hours I've met so many heros I can't list them all - or relate all
their stories they've told me. Makes one proud to be an American!
:-B-:
Good job by you and your son helping out where you guys could.

#5 ·
Southern California is on fire. Fifteen separate fires in seven different counties. 250,000 people evacuated. Add the Santa Anna winds and you have a recipe for disaster.

The media will have some spectacular pictures in the morning.

G
#6 ·
We got all the horses that we came for and one other. Unfortunately, there were others
that were wildeyed and ran from us. They were all most certainly killed. I saw things I
don't ever want to see again. The night, smoke, fire, smells and sounds were more
nightmarish than any nightmare I've ever had!

G
#9 ·
:cool: --I just saw this Zip, I'm glad you're OK and our prayers and thanks for your voluntary help--

--I've got a lot of family done there, but so far they're all OK--

--You're a tribute Scott--

----JIMBO

G
#11 ·
I've been watching coverage on TV. We need more volunteer heroes like you. Also you set a good example for your son

My biological father died many years ago. I was lucky to have a father figure to emulate.
I just attended his 93rd birthday party. I took the occasion to thank him for all that he taught me. His reply was profound: "I didn't try to teach you anything. I lived- and let you watch."

Brought tears to mine eyes.

G
#12 ·
I don't think we need anymore except less winds and more prayers. San Diego's taking
good care of it's own - Feds are here - fire engines are still pouring in lights and sirens
going. I can't tell you the number of stories of cops making entry into burning houses and
grabbing what they could to save for evacuated families - pushing cars out of the garages,
freeing animals, etc. We've got a great bunch of LEOS, countywide!

Still haven't heard from our 22 year old EMT son. He's been out in it for the past
three days. Over 300,000 have fled from the fire as of last night.

We have four families that we haven't heard from yet. Some have stayed behind to
fight for their property, in light of mandatory evacuation orders.May the Good Lord
protect and save them. Th fire often moves at 40 Mph. - much too fast to outrun.

The next six hours will be critical.

IF YOU HAVE A NEED TO KNOW UP TO DATE/UP TO THE MINUTE UPDATES GO TO:

http://www.sdcountyemergency.com/

#13 ·
Scott, what part of San Diego county is the fire active. I assume this is east of the city?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.