National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Aim true !
14,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took out the SW 45 colt and Taurus 357 tracker and my Ruger black hawk 10mm/40 sw. Had a lot of fun testing out my loads in the 45 colt. And shooting a mix of 38 special and 357 mags. The best part was im finally hitting cans with the blackhawk at around 30 yards. Took me awhile to get decent with it, Not sure why.

Then when i got home. My son wanted to go to the gun club and shoot some 22's. So i took both my Marlin XT 22'S. The WMR is was busting clays at 100 yards. But the 22lr i kept hitting low and left. Adjust the scope and no improvement. The i noticed the scope walked forward, And the front mount was off the rail. Didn't have my range tool kit along. It was in my car. We took my sons car to the club.

So got home fixed the scope mounting issue. Went back out zeroed it back in. I was hitting shotgun shells at 100 yards. With winchester 555 bulk ammo. Now to try that with my Savage A 22 Target.

· Registered
6,726 Posts
i guess you are using tip=off mounts?
that grooved tip off mount/ring system is one of the things that i dislike about most 22's....to the point that i usually shoot irons.......

· Aim true !
14,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Their weaver grand slam mounts. I don't like the tip off ones either. The ones that the gun came with were the tip off. I changed them out. I forgot to go over them after i shot it with the new mounts. They are nice and tight now. I went over the A22 mounts too then, They were still tight. I have the grand slam 30mm ones on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.