National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this private message in my e-mail this morning. Seems the spammers have taken to using the boards messaging feature to send spam users. Please take the appropriate actions on this user (user name: revmorgan) This is the message that was sent:***************
Dear Friend,

kindly accept this funds, principle safe keeping and good investment, full amount exceeding $5millionUSD , Profession, Reverend father, first trust and fear of God significant, details drop a line to my private email addresses and also your direct telephone number for prayers and more understanding concerning funds, certainly you will be highly compensated for your help for more details email me [email protected]

Thanks and God bless you,

Rev.Morgan.
[email protected].

·
Live Free
2,762 Posts
I received this private message in my e-mail this morning. Seems the spammers have taken to using the boards messaging feature to send spam users. Please take the appropriate actions on this user (user name: revmorgan) This is the message that was sent:***************
Dear Friend,

kindly accept this funds, principle safe keeping and good investment, full amount exceeding $5millionUSD , Profession, Reverend father, first trust and fear of God significant, details drop a line to my private email addresses and also your direct telephone number for prayers and more understanding concerning funds, certainly you will be highly compensated for your help for more details email me [email protected]

Thanks and God bless you,

Rev.Morgan.
[email protected].
I received like message this morning too!

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
ME TOO. I did not open it, nor do I plan to.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Wait. How do I get the 5 million?

I didnt get any PM and I feel left out. You would think these scammers would get someone with a better understanding of the language.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Its a tactic that has been used by mostly Nigerian scammers for years. Using the PM system of message boards to contact members. Mining contact data from forum memberlists. Sometimes when members list various chat services links in their profile, such as Yahoo Messenger, Google Messenger or Skype the scammers will contact them through those.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,782 Posts
Ever heard of "scam baiting"?

Send the reply "OH, am I interested so dearly, God bless the 5 million and to wanting it muchly. Please to send more out need my
how fly to get an airline pick to up of blessed fund! Hurry, of the Lord loved am I."
:laughing:

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
What is this error message?

The page isn’t redirecting properly

An error occurred during a connection to www.nationalgunforum.com.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
Ever heard of "scam baiting"?

Send the reply "OH, am I interested so dearly, God bless the 5 million and to wanting it muchly. Please to send more out need my
how fly to get an airline pick to up of blessed fund! Hurry, of the Lord loved am I."
That's really funny, and I get it. However, responding to scam/spam verifies that your email is active and that you are interested ... and both make your email more valuable.

Ratting them out to their email provider is a good way to make life a little more difficult for them. :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts