National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Live Free
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up yesterday…couldn’t resist. .45 ACP. Came with two Mec Gar 8 round mags. The trigger out of the box is just under 5 lbs. I think the trigger will improve with use, but it is already really crisp. Ambi safety. Good 3 dot sights. Fit and finish are really quite good; better than my RIA pistols. The internal machining is very clean, no tooling marks left to speak of. I am itching to shoot it, but have to wait for a week or so:confused:. I will try to give a reasonable range report after I get it to the range. Oh yeah, the best part, it was less than $500 tax included.

Black Luggage and bags Rectangle Bag Gas

Bumper Wood Gadget Table Office equipment

Gesture Finger Office supplies Gadget Office equipment

·
Aim true !
13,674 Posts
Wow nice 1911. I have not heard anything negative about Tisas. (y) Dunhams has a Kimber 45 2 tone on sale for 800 bucks. Im trying to stay away lol. I spent enough on guns this month. And had to put a 100 bucks on plastic. I like cash when i can.

·
Live Free
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, I will not get it to the range until next week, but I decided to dress it up a little with some Hogue grip panels. Had to trim them to properly accommodate the safety levers on both sides and the right side where it slips under the grip, but it looks pretty good now.
Air gun Trigger Wood Everyday carry Gun barrel

·
Live Free
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been looking at them and did research on reliability and didn't find any bad reviews. Going to get one myself hopefully tomorrow or Saturday. Interested in how you like yours.
So far I am really impressed with the quality for the price, but I have yet to shoot it…early next week I hope. I will update after that. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
I've never heard of them either but it is nice looking. Hopefully it functions and shoots just as nice, can't wait to hear.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Live Free
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, my planned trip to the range this morning is not going to happen. There is rain and thunderstorms all around this morning. So, shooting that new Tisas will have to wait a few more days 😕. But this rain is much needed, so I am thankful!

·
Live Free
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally got it to the range this morning! It performed really well. It shoots to point of aim and functions well with JHP ammo as it does with 230 FMJ. I put 85 rounds through it this morning and had only one hiccup. The very first magazine I shot was 230 FMJ, and the very first round nose dived three times.Each time I removed the mag and reset the first round and tried again. I was using slingshot method pulling the slide fully aft and let it go. Finally just used the slide release and it chambered the round like It is supposed to. I pulled the mag and ejected the round and loaded it back in the mag, then I gave it the slingshot and it chambered perfectly. And it never did this again! From that point forward it ran perfect. Whether I used the slide release or slingshot it worked great consistently. I used two types of JHP, Gold Dots and Nosler. Also ran 185 and 230 in both FMJ and JHP. Not a single feeding hiccup at all after I got past the first mag/round. The sights are adequate three dot. The trigger pull came down to 4.5 after this outing.

My feeling is it is a great pistol and very economical! I might be in the market for another…maybe a commander sized or a 9mm.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Wood

Had fun shooting these three today!

Photograph Air gun Black Trigger Wood

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Great results! It’s alway nice when the gun performs well

sounded like a good time at the range

Reactions: AgedWarrior
1 - 15 of 15 Posts