21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Head Elk Deer Fawn Terrestrial animal
Plant Tree Wood Natural landscape Terrestrial plant
Plant Tree Wood Terrestrial plant Natural landscape
This new place is going to be awesome!
I have several racked bucks and a lot of smaller ones running around. The one on the top is my target buck.
Plant Organism Twig Natural landscape Deer

·
Premium Member
8,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
We need those in New Jersey. It something to do during the closed seasons.

·
Banned
6 Posts
View attachment 125909
I followed this old girl around for a bit yesterday morning…trying to see how long I could stalk and how close I could get. Got within 25 yards a bit after I took this pic. She was looking right at me for this one.
Old girl? You mean a doe hiding behind a sapling 4" from the bottom and 5" from the left of the photo? I see that tan/orange/brown spot. About an inch to the right of the black tree trunk in the foreground. One has to have the eye of the hunter for little spots of something that looks out of place in the vegetation like the white of a deer's nose.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Old girl? You mean a doe hiding behind a sapling 4" from the bottom and 5" from the left of the photo? I see that tan/orange/brown spot. About an inch to the right of the black tree trunk in the foreground. One has to have the eye of the hunter for little spots of something that looks out of place in the vegetation like the white of a deer's nose.
She needs a bigger tree to avoid a KABOOM. Her camo coat does a good job though. Just not good enough in this case.

·
Live Free
3,875 Posts
Actually, an elk cow, but yes.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Heard Utah outlawed game/trail cams.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Yep they did ban them during hunting season. Where I hunt, the ranch owner does not allow cell based cameras. He believes it makes folks to lazy. I change camera cards every time I fill feeders. Once the rut starts I move all my cameras to scrapes and trails. I don’t think they give me any advantage other than showing what bucks are in the area and most of those pictures are night,

21 - 36 of 36 Posts