National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Her in the North East, the deer are really moving around and feeding while it’s easy and nobody’s shooting at them. There’s been a spike i road hits and their out in the fields in the evening. I spotted these guys just up the road yesterday.
Plant Tree Branch Trunk Wood

Attachments

·
Aim true !
12,724 Posts
I'll be putting mine out soon. I want to check my area for deer signs 1st.

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Premium Member
8,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your deer can read? If that’s the case then just put some sings to your house and shoot from the porch!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I’ll be going to a new farm that hasn’t been hunted in quite a few years. I feel like a kid at Christmas! I’ll be putting camera’s out in about a week when I do my first scouting trip.

·
Live Free
3,875 Posts

I followed this old girl around for a bit yesterday morning…trying to see how long I could stalk and how close I could get. Got within 25 yards a bit after I took this pic. She was looking right at me for this one.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,697 Posts
It’s going to be crazy this year. Everytime I’ve gone out in the past month there has been at least one fawn in the road. I cannot remember them ever being that abundant that they are just spilling out in the open like that. Sure we have to watch for deer on a regular basis out here but this is something different.

·
Registered
420 Posts
By our place a group of white tail bucks has been hanging round for the past 3 or 4 weeks, they're all 4 or 6 pointers. BUT, one of them has an incredible rack, its tall and swooping, like a elk or reign deer, I've only been able to look at him good though binoculars once from a distance, at LEAST a 10, possibly 15-17.

·
Premium Member
8,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plant Deer Natural landscape Tree Vegetation
Grass Plant Fawn Terrestrial animal Natural landscape

This tank came threw the yard last evening.
Plant Plant community Street light Natural landscape Terrestrial plant

·
Premium Member
8,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And your address is ?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Nice pigs! I've heard in some places you shoot them because they're a nuisance, like we shoot racoons where I'm from ha ha! I wish we had large hairy aggressive four legged animals to shoot around here! (Other than deer and sasquatch) What did you use to shoot it?

Cute fuzzy spikes too!

·
Premium Member
8,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah we’d ( hunters) love to have hogs here but I’m sure the land owners and farmers wouldn’t see it my way.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
You should see the damage they are doing to the pastures. Two others were hit but went into the swamp, gators will finish them. .223 Savage 12FV and the rancher used a custom AR in 5.56

·
Registered
420 Posts
Vary nice, but personally I'd prefer a caliber a little bigger, but the pea shooter gets it done I guess. but that platform though... LOVELY.

Yeah, I suppose those fellas the devil for farmers! But you know up here we jump at the chance to shoot ANYTHING, like it turns to DEFCON 4 when a racoon is spotted, everyone flies down stairs, grabs a weapon and ammo, and you'd think there was a police manhunt with all the flash lights.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Was back out yesterday working on shooting boxes and there was nothing left of the pigs but a stain on the gound. No skull, bones , skin or hair!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts