National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my renewal notice today. It doesn't expire until Oct 21. If I renew online tomorrow, does the renewal expire 7 years after the renewal date, or do they go by my original cwp? If the later, do they wait until Oct to send me my permit, or do they send it to me now and I just hold it? The website doesn't answer my questions.

·
Jesus Saves
8,130 Posts
Got my renewal notice today. It doesn't expire until Oct 21. If I renew online tomorrow, does the renewal expire 7 years after the renewal date, or do they go by my original cwp? If the later, do they wait until Oct to send me my permit, or do they send it to me now and I just hold it? The website doesn't answer my questions.
Silly question here; does it matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want to renew now if they are going to shave 3 months off my renewed license, I want to sqeeze every day I can get for my 45 bucks.

·
Aim true !
11,954 Posts
Here we go to the sheriffs office. It's every 5 years. They take a pic and put on the permit. Makes a great second form of ID too.

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have options, one is to renew online but I must have a pic available! I can go to certain tax collectors, I don't think the closest one is on that list, I didn't see it, Or I can go to Tampa to the Agriculture place, but I ain't going to Tampa. So I'm left with sitting in my chair and renewing online.

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked, my local tax collector will renew my license, for another $12. If they wanted to deter me from taking up their time, it worked.

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probably just as fast at the tax office, still doesn't answer my question.

·
Registered
14,894 Posts
Here in NY it goes by the date on your license and not when you actually renew it.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,885 Posts
I'm not sure how Florida does it, but here in NC, the renew is extended five years from the renewal date. Here they have you go to the local Sheriff's office two months prior to the renewal date, fill out the renew form and pay the $75 fee. Two or three weeks later, you'll get a call from the Sheriff's office saying you can pick up your Conceal Handgun Permit anytime during normal business hours. We don't have to turn in the old permit.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Texas makes it simple last renewal was online no pictures.
We can renew ours up to 6 months in advance of expiration or no more than 12 months after expiration.
The expiration on my LTC has always been my birthday even though that is not the date I originally got it or renewed it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Renewed mine at the Dept Of Ag, in Jacksonville. They don't shave any days off your license if you renew early.
DNK why you would go to the Tax Assessor's Office, CCWs, here in FL, are handled by the Dept. of Agriculture. Took me longer to use the bathroom there, than it took them to process my renewal. In and out, in 10 minutes, bathroom break included. There was a 5 minute wait, in there, while the ID Card lamination cooled. They don't bother holding your new CCW Permit, they just send it to you. My experience is they want to get it done, and back to you, ASAP.

There should be a Dept. of Ag office closer to you than Tampa, but their modernized facilities are very efficient. They digitize your fingerprints, (no inking), they take a digital photo of you, and processing is almost instantaneous. The only lag time you should encounter is waiting on the mail. If you don't want to wait, they hand you the new CCW permit, at the office, if you opt to go there, instead.

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tampa is it. I know it was quick when I went there for my original. Tax collector offices can do it, it's on the website.

• Tax collector offices may charge an additional convenience fee of up to $12 for renewal licenses. Contact your local tax collector to determine the precise amount you will need to pay and which payment methods are accepted.
And that's what they charge, $12. So my options are, go to Tampa, go to Clearwater and pay $12 more, or renew online. No brainer.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Sam, isn’t there a tax office (driver license) right near you on US19 that you can use?

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea, it's Clearwater, just south of the border. Used to be one in Tarpon Springs, closer, but the pulled that one a few years ago. But they want $12 to do it, so.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts