National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to get some icon or identification on what thread the user posted in? Such with if I was to post in a few threads and two days later come back hitting "New Posts" seeing updated threads and identification to the ones I posted in. We use to have this with the old platform and I've been missing it.

Reactions: Stamps6

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I still see “following “ after the specificforum.

C37B2401-7D70-42DB-9229-DEBAC16A8FA0.png

·
Aim true !
11,795 Posts
I have a hard time keeping up with threads over on castboolets. It got a lot harder since the plandemic started. I take a day off. And when i check back in. There will be over 1000 new post. Crazy any more.

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I see "Following" means your following that whole forum not just that one thread topic or that you replied to that one thread topic.

That's the thing when I hit "New Posts" I want to see new posts and which topic has new posts after I posted. Not for nothing I don't want to keep going into my profile, look for last activity, then find the threads, then look into the threads and find no new posts in that thread.

These admins who bought this site and many others have went to this type of platform. Yet one of the platforms I'm able to hit new posts, find threads with new posts with me being a part of. Just putting it out there if it can be done there why not here? Plus other sites with this platform are filled of advertisements popping up on the sides often and I'm avoiding those site if I can.

Reactions: admin

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
No, the following is only for that specific thread.

·
Super Moderator
12,238 Posts
The way I do it is click my icon in the upper right corner of the screen. On the drop down menu, click "Following." That way, you don't have to go into your profile.

I start every session on here with that button.

On the thread listing, click the thread title and it will take you to the first post you haven't read.

--Wag--

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I hit the "new" balloon and it takes me to a list of the new postings. I set my account to follow any threads I post to but not send me any notifications. An alert indicator pops up on my icon if any threads I'm following has new postings added since I last checked. I go to alerts and it lists the threads with new postings.

Reactions: Wag and admin

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Click on your profile in the upper right of the forum home page, when the profile window opens click "My Profile" then click "Discussions". Any threads you have participated in should appear there.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,225 Posts
These filters should accomplish exactly what you're after

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What I'm looking for is simple, like we use to have. Not click this, click that, n click this to just see that no one after your posting posted in a thread.

imo k.i.s., Keep it simple, click new posts, scroll down see new post/s, and seeing on some new posts some type of indication that you posted in that thread.

mini I see lots of threads saying "following" which I never posted in, that's why I said its following that forum not that I posted in the particular thread.

Such with this new posting and says I'm following yet I did not post in that thread. Following just means your following that forum, not that you replied in that thread.

California files appeal after judge overturns decades-old assault weapon ban

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I don’t know what the problem is but I only see “following “ for threads I have posted in, not all the threads in a specific forum. Maybe as a mod, if you correct something it may show you as participating in the thread. Here is what I have in the settings.

F4BDF8DE-83F2-4D27-89F7-461BDEE97EB2.jpeg

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,225 Posts
I don’t know what the problem is but I only see “following “ for threads I have posted in, not all the threads in a specific forum.
"following" is only for a thread that you have posted in or have chosen to follow. Forums can not be followed.
Its is a thread specific function.

Reactions: Wag

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
That is correct! Don’t know why Quick gets following in unsubscribed threads.

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its that I haven't followed that thread, posted, or corrected/edited in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts