National Gun Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,459 Posts
I don’t knock anyone’s hustle. You do you!
If I’m carrying a gun. It’s ready to go.
My philosophy: carrying an empty firearm is like trying to put a seatbelt on the split second before the accident.

That said, to each his own.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I most often carry this Sig P238 (with a flush mag however) in a kydex IWB at about 4:00 ... Cocked and locked as shown

My IWB holster has excellent retention and the sweat shield comes up and covers the safety

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Tool Bumper Auto part Fashion accessory Automotive exterior

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
With all this C1, C3 ect I feel like I’ve been hit with C4.
Do you. If you want to carry C&L then do so. If not, then do that.
Just remember that an adult human can cover 21feet (7yards) in about a second. A second! Can you pull your firearm from a concealed position, rack the slide and get on target in under a second?
That last sentence above is why situational awareness is so important (let the flames begin).
I don’t CC carry a 1911. But I do carry with one in the tube. If the situation warrants that pistol can be moved to my front pocket with my hand in my pocket. I have never had to do this but I know I can and would if I had to.
21 feet in a second, think about that.

·
AZHerper
5,027 Posts
One of the famous Texas Rangers (maybe Captain Bill McDonald) was asked by a reporter who noticed that the hammer was back on his gun, "Isn't that dangerous?" To which he replied "If it wasn't dangerous, I wouldn't carry the it".

61 - 65 of 65 Posts