National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought it might be interesting to collect uniquely designed handguns… I’m just starting to look at some of them that are available

probably won’t focus on the very old ones… of which there are many unique designs… will focus on more modern, unique and innovative designs

I need to research more before beginning, but it might become a strangely fun collection

what do you think?

Wood Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Bicycle part
Gun barrel Wood Trigger Tool Gun accessory
Gadget Gun barrel Electronic device Metal Auto part
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Product Camera accessory Air gun Material property Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
8,147 Posts
I bought a German Luger in .22 just because it’s a cool gun. I’ve bought a few guns because I thought it was a cool gun to have. Some have never been fired by me. They are safe queens.

·
AZHerper
5,163 Posts
One thing about collecting these failures is that they were terrible failures on the open market and you can pick them up cheap. One exception is the Taurus Curve which are actually fairly good guns. They are only discounted 40 to 50 %. Most of the other stuff is dirt cheap.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
One thing about collecting these failures is that they were terrible failures on the open market and you can pick them up cheap. One exception is the Taurus Curve which are actually fairly good guns. They are only discounted 40 to 50 %. Most of the other stuff is dirt cheap.
yep… I owned and carried the Curve for a year or two when it first came out. Mine shot and performed well. It was comfy to carry as advertised. It wasn't exactly comfortable to shoot, but it did fine.

·
Registered
15,520 Posts
This one while not very strange looking is what i would consider semi unique and it gets my vote for fun factor too. Not the most reliable gun from what i hear though. Break opne that piggy bank too, this one won't be cheap.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This one while not very strange looking is what i would consider semi unique and it gets my vote for fun factor too. Not the most reliable gun from what i hear though. Break opne that piggy bank too, this one won't be cheap.
View attachment 128716
Is that the one Dirty Harry used?

·
Registered
15,520 Posts
Yes.

Reactions: IowaShooter

·
Salmon Slayer
557 Posts
I consider revolvers to be quit unique, I’ve owned a few but bought them knowing their value would soar after 20+ years. I continually kick myself in the arse for selling the 1979 S&W model 19 that was unfired for only $100 more than what I paid, $275….😫

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,413 Posts
I don’t consider myself a collector of weird guns, But, I do enjoy the unusual. Be very careful buying cheaply made guns, especially plastic ones.

Here’s a few that I thought were unusual but they don’t fall in the cheap category but are also not likely to blow your hand off either.

Bond Arms Snake Slayer IV 4.25” 45 Colt/3” .410. Who doesn’t like a double barrel big bore derringer / shotgun? Someone on here just bought the Texan 6”. It’s really cool too.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Font

NAA Hogleg mini revolver with a 6” barrel chambered in .22lr and .22 magnum. I also like the belt buckle version @Popeye posted.

Wood Font Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory

Remington R51 is a retro pistol featuring the Pedersen Hesitation Lock blowback system. It has a floating breach block in it. That’s why I bought it, it’s different. It’s fun to shoot but I don’t recommend it as a carry. Warning, it’s a pita to disassemble.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Top is the Ruger Super Blackhawk Buntline 10.5” barrel. 44 magnum. I custom fit a Bisley grip on it.

Bottom is the Cimarron Wyatt Earp Buntline Special 10” barrel in 45 Colt.

Trigger Air gun Pipe Gun accessory Auto part

Rock Island BBR 3.10. It’s a 45 ACP double stack mini 1911. It’s an angry little gun!

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 20 of 27 Posts