National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you watched the value of these climb into the stratosphere? Up in the 15K + range.

Gotta love that if you own one! Do you have one? Want one?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'd love to have one. I shot one of the reproductions a couple of months back. It was a semi auto and weighed 9 or 11 pounds, don't remember which.

The guy was beside us at the range and offered to let us shoot it. Super guy, wouldn't let us buy him any ammo.

No recoil, fun to shoot. Gonna save my $$ for one.

·
Banned
818 Posts
Thompson M1 was the very first full auto I shot and I was only 7 at that time! Very fun gun. Heavy, but easy to control even during magazine emptying sessions. I would like to own one, but unless the '86 ban gets lifted, I can't afford to get one.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
I've been eyeballing the Kahr Arms semi auto Thompson for some time now. They are very nicely made, but it's a lot of coin for a gun without much purpose other than it looks cool. Bill T.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see that ad in the American Rifleman Magazine for the "G-men/ J. Edgar Hoover Tribute Thompson. Its got some gold inlay but its $2,995. Thats for a semi-auto version. Damn!

But then only 750 will be made and you must have a reservation to buy one! I love the looks of the Thompson and like the drum magazine too. But its a bit too rich for my pocketbook.

G

·
I've got a Tommy Gun "wanna-be". It was made by Volenteer or some other now defunct gun company. Bought it a few years ago at a pawn shop for three or four hundred bux. Fun to shoot. -I :--- -I :---

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
I saw a Kahr Arms Thompson up close and personal at Sportsmans Warehouse the other day. It looked beautifully made. $1,200.00 with both a 30 round stick magazine, and a 50 round drum. They also make a 100 round drum, but it's very expensive, ($675.00). It even has the "Tommy Gun" logo engraved on the Cutts Compensator. The gun is very heavy and is all blued steel and Walnut. I'm fighting inner demons that are telling me I can't live without it! :lol: Bill T.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
billt said:
I saw a Kahr Arms Thompson up close and personal at Sportsmans Warehouse the other day. It looked beautifully made. $1,200.00 with both a 30 round stick magazine, and a 50 round drum. They also make a 100 round drum, but it's very expensive, ($675.00). It even has the "Tommy Gun" logo engraved on the Cutts Compensator. The gun is very heavy and is all blued steel and Walnut. I'm fighting inner demons that are telling me I can't live without it! :lol: Bill T.

I think your lovely wife should go buy that for you! ;) ;)

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
That would not upset me! :lol: Bill T.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I brought one in for a customer, last week. He traded a high-end Colt .45 Auto for it. DANG! That thing was VERY well-made!! Beautiful furniture, near-perfect fit & finish, overall the man got his money's worth, IMO. My only problem with the whole deal is that I wish I had that kind of money for a toy!

Ahhh...maybe someday...

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
gunrnr said:
I brought one in for a customer, last week. He traded a high-end Colt .45 Auto for it. DANG! That thing was VERY well-made!! Beautiful furniture, near-perfect fit & finish, overall the man got his money's worth, IMO. My only problem with the whole deal is that I wish I had that kind of money for a toy!

Ahhh...maybe someday...
Did he get the 150 D Model that comes with both a 30 round stick magazine, as well as a 50 round drum? Bill T.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
That's the one, BillT. He said he'd talk to me about loading enough .45 for him to fill that badboy after his next paycheck.

G

·
I saw one at a gun show 2 years ago. It was $800 with a straight clip and the barrel clip. I wanted so bad. Ive always liked those guns.

G

·
I carried one in Korea. I was informed that I could not bring it back to the States, so I sold it for $20. :eek: (Of course that was in 1951)

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
cohoskip said:
I carried one in Korea. I was informed that I could not bring it back to the States, so I sold it for $20. :eek: (Of course that was in 1951)
Good Lord, can you imagine how much that thing would be worth today?! (Especially a full-auto!!!)

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
gunrnr said:
cohoskip said:
Good Lord, can you imagine how much that thing would be worth today?! (Especially a full-auto!!!)
A 1928 Model select fire Thompson in good condition can sell for over $25,000.00 today courtesy of Ronald Regan and the 1986 full auto ban. I know it's hard to swallow but we got more gun control under Regan and old man Bush than we did from 8 years of Clinton. Bill T.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
billt said:
gunrnr said:
cohoskip said:
A 1928 Model select fire Thompson in good condition can sell for over $25,000.00 today courtesy of Ronald Regan and the 1986 full auto ban. I know it's hard to swallow but we got more gun control under Regan and old man Bush than we did from 8 years of Clinton. Bill T.

One of the side effects of a growing population is more laws and controls. Since we have more crazy folks doing mass shootings today than ever before, removing the machine gun from the general population was bound to happen. Can you imagine what damage a fully auto weapon could do in a shopping mall or sports event. Society now days will not tolerate a mass killing of hundreds of folks with a machine gun in the hands of a sociopath. As gun owners we may not like it but that's the way most folks think today and that's the reason gun controls have been tightened for the last 30 years. :eek:

Mark my words, if these events continue we will lose anything semi-auto within the next 10-15 years if not before. :(

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I saw a collector's item many years ago at a local gun show in CA where I lived.
It was a gold (or at least the appearance of gold) inlaid with mother of pearl. It was all engraved and in a cased lined in red velvet. And of course it was the real thing in full auto.
No drums but 3 clips with with. At that time I was told it was unfired, dated to the 30s and was $4500.
I had to just keep walking. I would have been afraid to handle it for fear of wanting it.
But what a waste to have such a weapon that you would not want to fire. If I own it I shoot it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts