National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my EDC out to the range again this week, roughly the same distance (15 yards). My average shot placement and grouping was a decent bit better, but my 'flyers' were further out. I think I was anticipating recoil on a few of them. Anyway, here's a pic of the target:

20191116_164059.jpg

Reactions: Kobs and Win94ae

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Marksmanship has only two requiements: Bullets and Birthdays. A good coach with lots of experience helps.
If that target was photographed laying on it's leftside this is what it appears to be happening.

If you are shooting right handed the string from the bullseys to the 8 ring may be caused by milking the grip, over tightened little finger. That pulls the muzzle down and the the left with right handed pistol shooters.
The 10 and 11 O'clock hits are more that likely anticipating recoil. If you can add a sligght element of surprise in your shot it helps as you learn to control the "Bucking" with recoil.
The group at 6 O'clock is your best group. I looks like you did everthing right an forgot o maitain your sight picture. That is a great group now move it into the red where it belongs.:thumbsup:
If I over stepped I apologize. Keep practicing. You are doing good.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marksmanship has only two requiements: Bullets and Birthdays. A good coach with lots of experience helps.
If that target was photographed laying on it's leftside this is what it appears to be happening.
The bottom of the image is the left side of the target. The picture must've gotten rotated somehow.

If I over stepped I apologize. Keep practicing. You are doing good.
Not at all, I always appreciate any advice or constructive criticism that may improve my shooting.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
The bottom of the image is the left side of the target. The picture must've gotten rotated somehow.

Not at all, I always appreciate any advice or constructive criticism that may improve my shooting.
That is what I thought with the logo on the rightside of the image.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Supposed to be a balmy 38 degrees next weekend, so I'm thinking I might get out to the big range and do some rifle shooting as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts