National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has your wife ever tried to make you SELL your guns? My buddy has a "anti" gun wife and I tell him all the time he has to "get her in line". She wanted him to sell all of his guns....... THATS CRAZY!

G

·
I am afraid it would be time to look for a new mate! If your basic value system does not match you are destined for a bumpy road! :roll: :cry:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
SheNine said:
Exactly!!! Why marry someone that doesn't share your views? I'd be outta there..................

Yea! Same deal if you had a wimpy, anti-gun husband, right!! ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
My first wife did, she lasted all of just she of two years. (Note I said my first wife)
Enough was enough, we had no kids and that was the end of it.
Now the second is OK. She grew up shooting here in AZ. Married to her for 38 years shortly.
She still thinks she's a better shot than I am but that has yet to be proven.
It does make for interesting ongoing contests once in awhile.

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
My current wife is always bugging me to sell my guns. I won't - and she knows it. I wish I could get her interested in shooting - I have tried, but she is not interested.

She's from China, though, and in fairness - it was a different political culture whens he grew up.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I sold a bunch of my guns one time to keep the family a float but I would never sell them because I was told to. Don't work that way around here. I wouldn't think of telling her she has to sell her shoes or something because I thought she had to many. Plus she has some good guns that I like to shoot sometimes. :-B-:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I don't have a wife anymore. But she did like gun's & knew how to use them. She never would have told me to sell any of them.
My girlfriend own's some firearms & enjoy's shooting with me. :D
I think I'll keep her :!: :-B-:

G

·
if im down on my luck ill sell a gun...... but it would have to be pretty bad.

my wife knows better than to sayanything like that. her dog goes before my guns go.

G

·
Yep! When we were first married and we really did need the money.

... and I DID, too! I 'sold' the SAME gun ten or fifteen times, before
she caught on ... it was the SAME Ruger 7 1/2 Super Blackhawk
(old model). It was (is) BIG and BLUE and looks like a lot of other
hand cannons I have! Still got the Ruger and still got Gale - so -
I made out pretty well, actually!

... she later 'forgave' me ... when she realized that I just don't sell
'family' - whether they are flesh and bone or cast/'forged!' LOL
:D

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
zipperzap said:
Yep! When we were first married and we really did need the money.

... and I DID, too! I 'sold' the SAME gun ten or fifteen times, before
she caught on ... it was the SAME Ruger 7 1/2 Super Blackhawk
(old model). It was (is) BIG and BLUE and looks like a lot of other
hand cannons I have! Still got the Ruger and still got Gale - so -
I made out pretty well, actually!

... she later 'forgave' me ... when she realized that I just don't sell
'family' - whether they are flesh and bone or cast/'forged!' LOL
:D
:twisted: Sneaky little devil, weren't you? :lol:

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
My wife of 25 years doesn't like guns. That being said she has never asked me to sell my guns nor given me a hard time about them (outside of once and only once in a discussion that set those limits very clearly). She isvery hesitant about my boys learning to shoot. That conversation will come in time and my advantage is that her uncle has told me to bring the boys out for a hunt when they are older.

G

·
My wife was from an anti gun/anti hunting family when we married 28 years ago and did'nt really know how to take me and my family but now and for many years now she hunts and shoots, as do one of her sisters and her husband (thet we transformed into the RIGHT mind) . She would NEVER try to make me sell my guns. As a matter of fact, she got pissed at me for selling my .40 XD a while back. She's a keeper. -I :--- -I :---

G

·
Baldy said:
I sold a bunch of my guns one time to keep the family a float but I would never sell them because I was told to. Don't work that way around here. I wouldn't think of telling her she has to sell her shoes or something because I thought she had to many. Plus she has some good guns that I like to shoot sometimes. :-B-:
I've been there, back in my younger days. I have lost a lot of guns by pawning them and never getting them out. Makes me want to puke at the thought of loosing a seven hundred dollar BDL for a hundred dollar loan. I will die and go to hades now before pawning a gun. Luckly for me I don't have too anymore, but I have in the past. -I :--- -I :---

1 - 20 of 20 Posts