National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the thread to let lose the anger and tell you pet peeves.

Mine is the pushy gun salesmen. I look at a gun one time and they buzz around me for a week.
Comments like "are you back in for the __________" or "are you going to buy that" or pitch ploys to get me to buy guns I.e. " that gun is a collector, only 1000 of them ever made" when they are obviosly not a collectors gun. :evil:
Next:

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Mine is just about as opposite from Gunny as you can be. It is going into the store and asking to see a gun and being ignored or bypassed by the sales person. It gets even worse if you decide to look at a combination of shotgun then rifle then handgun and seeing the look on the persons face as to why are you bothering me. Oh, I don't know.... maybe because I wanted to purchase a firearm and I was not sure between..... These are the places I do not usually return for the purchase.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL- I hate that too.....

Another thing I hate is IGNORANT gun salesmen. I don't expect anyone to know everything about all firearms. All I ask is that if you don't know something...simply say so. I have heard so many salesmen make up answers on the spot that I knew were wrong, and I'm not all that educated when it comes to a lot firearms.

The most recent time I experienced this, a buddy of mine was looking to get a conversion barrel for his XD-40 (converting to 9mm). The owner of the gun shop told him over and over the conversion was not possible...for this reason and that...all completely bogus.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate that, but mine was more the they wont leave you alone for the next week and a half sales guy.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how about. old stupid farts trying to sell me ball ammo as a better personal defence round?
i have more knowledge about self defense and training along with weapon and ammo choice than half the gun stores in alaska put together.

damn i hate that
my buddy bought into that crap and they sold him a ton of mag-tech. with a lip on it so bad it wouldnt run in any gun

·
Registered
341 Posts
bat1159man said:
Mine is just about as opposite from Gunny as you can be. It is going into the store and asking to see a gun and being ignored or bypassed by the sales person. It gets even worse if you decide to look at a combination of shotgun then rifle then handgun and seeing the look on the persons face as to why are you bothering me. Oh, I don't know.... maybe because I wanted to purchase a firearm and I was not sure between..... These are the places I do not usually return for the purchase.
I hate getting ignored as well, for me its mostly because I am a younger guy. I sometimes get people giving me odd looks or just don't seem to want to help just because of my age. Another gripe that really bugs me is when you run into a sales person that does not know how to handle a firearm safely. I was in a store a few months back and asked to look at a pistol, the guy pulls it out of the case points it right at me and hands it over without checking the chamber. Being that he works at a gun store you would figure he would know better. Needless to say I have not been back to that store.

-Derek

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate somebody that works at a store, but knows nothing about the products they sell, Then they callover another guy that knows absoultly jack **** about what is in the store. so you end up with 10 people huddled around you with no correct answer to your question. :evil:

·
Banned
818 Posts
Here's my simple list of people who annoy me:

Alpha Males

Anti-gunners

Homophobes

Jocks

Libertarians

NASCAR fans

Racists

·
Registered
957 Posts
I gotta vent on these ILLEGAL ALIENS! No there not immigrants, immigrants come to our country to become citizens, there not undocumented workers, or my favorite.....ready....undocumented Americans. Im sick and tired of policical correctness too. I am so tired of seeing mexican flags on cars and trucks, I am tired of pressing 1 to continue in english. I found out my kids had to take a second language in school, no choice, guess what it will be ...spanish...makes me sick. I dont wanna know spanish, I dont want my kids to have to take it if they dont want to. I wrote my senators concerning this a while back, and if you didnt know already, they dont give a crap. For heaven sakes, someday those ILLEGAL ALIENS may be registered voters. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH! I need to go to the range. :evil: :---

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn, thats alot of hate. Thats what this thread is for ;)

·
Registered
957 Posts
Buddy, its not hate...its disgust. I can blame someone for wanting a better life..that what America is about..but folks need to come here legally to become citizens. To come into the "melting pot" that is America. not to create little mexico's or china towns for that matter. Dammit, if Im gonna move to france, im gonna learn french, I know better to think there gonna learn english to make it easier on me.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gunny the Gun said:
This is the thread to let lose the anger and tell you pet peeves.

Mine is the pushy gun salesmen. I look at a gun one time and they buzz around me for a week.
Comments like "are you back in for the __________" or "are you going to buy that" or pitch ploys to get me to buy guns I.e. " that gun is a collector, only 1000 of them ever made" when they are obviosly not a collectors gun. :evil:
Next:
When I was out to buy my first handgun (the Sigma), I was actually looking for a S&W 5906. Went to a pawn shop that, for some reason, had a Ruger Mark (insert # here) next to every gun I looked at. And everytime I asked to see something, he would start talking about the Ruger again. Dad and I finally just had to leave and I ended up at a gun shop getting the Sigma.

And another thing I hate is when you're offered a very good deal and don't know it at the time so you turn it down. When I bought the Sigma the gun shop was also selling an old AR15, for $110, IIRC. I turned it down because the handguards looked horrible and I didn't know anything about guns at the time. Dad later told me that it was a good deal :lol:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I loathe and despise the clique on another forum that hogs every subject, posts rude and crude comments to anyone that doesn't agree with them, knows absolutely everything about every subject. They are losing members- I hope they wind up here.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whompuss said:
I loathe and despise the clique on another forum that hogs every subject, posts rude and crude comments to anyone that doesn't agree with them, knows absolutely everything about every subject. They are losing members- I hope they wind up here.

thats glock talk in a nut shell.

·
Banned
818 Posts
leeindy said:
whompuss said:

thats glock talk in a nut shell.

LOL!! I was thinking ar15.com. :mrgreen:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah that one sucks too. i dont post i just browse some of there stuff when i have a question

·
Banned
818 Posts
What's funny is GlockTalk has actually gotten a little better than it used to be. It used to be a troll haven, but now it seems there's actually some entertainment there and not just annoying flame wars. I still will NEVER trust any technical info from there.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
whompuss said:

I have seen that happen on a number of forums. You get a handfull of tough minded posters that like to slam others and try to make them look like they are ignorant. Usually insecure little people behind the computer that have no power in their lives and so try to overpower others on the net forums.

I too love a good discussion but the know it alls kind of spoil it for others. I hope that doesn't happen here.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts