National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its all over the paper today, the story about the Medford Oregon teacher and her battle to allow her to carry her weapon into the classroom. She fears for her life as her ex-husband has threatened to kill her and she believes him.

Her employer refuses to allow her to carry on campus even though she has a permit to carry in the state of Oregon. I ran a thread on this the other day but its back in the news with extended coverage in a very liberal newspaper the Oregonian. You can go to their website and read the article, I believe.

A local talk show took on the subject today also. Lars Larson who also has a national talk show is polling folks to see how they feel about guns in the classroom. He is a Oregon permit holder himself and supports gun rights.

This news coverage has been very positive for Oregon thus far. I hope she wins out since the state of Oregon does allow permit holders to carry on school property. Its the schools that are fighting this ruling by saying its a rule that all employees cannot carry on campus.

Do you think teachers with permits should be allowed to carry on campus?

G

·
Yes!
If teachers had them at Columbine there could have been a lot fewer casualties.

I know of an art teacher (female) who carried at school for 30 years until her retirement. She just kept it concealed and didn't tell. She was breaking GA law but she felt she had rather rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whompuss said:
Yes!
If teachers had them at Columbine there could have been a lot fewer casualties.

I know of an art teacher (female) who carried at school for 30 years until her retirement. She just kept it concealed and didn't tell. She was breaking GA law but she felt she had rather rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

I have ran across many people that carry without a permit. They feel they have the right to protect themselves and are traveling in neighborhoods that are very dangerous. I can understand their concerns.

·
Registered
648 Posts
There are many teachers here in the State of Utah that carry. My old high school history teacher is the manager of the gun counter at Cabelas now. I see him once a week and we do lunch together. He also teaches Utah CCW classes and for educators the classes are free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts