National Gun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is nothing like it. I open my holster drawer and play with the leather holsters and try to remember which gun fits which holster.

The Forbus holsters are nice but the smell of leather is heaven! Like a new saddle or a BMW with leather seats, a Jag with English Leather seats. Wow! Nothing like it.

Do you agree, or are you into the polymer age to match your polymer gun?

G

·
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm suprised you didn't mention "Kydex", whatever that is.

I guess I'm "old school" to the core with guns and holsters.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
collector14 said:
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm suprised you didn't mention "Kydex", whatever that is.

I guess I'm "old school" to the core with guns and holsters.

Thats a nice setup that you have there! Forbus is Kydex and its OK for some pistols but it can be hard on the finish. I have had kydex lose its grip on my magazines if I left them in the mag holster for a long period of time. Picked it up and the magazines just fell out! Not good!

I will take the leather any day of the week. I suppose the kydex is great for nasty weather where the holster is going to get soaked for many hours at a time.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,728 Posts
I own no plastic guns. I own no plastic holsters.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SheNine said:
spanielsells said:
Uh, yes I love the smell and touch of good quality leather... but I wasn't thinking of holsters!

:eek:

Hehehehehe.......... :twisted:

Ah!Yes! With the whips and a chair:

G

·
Calm down shenine, gots me heart thunping.

Speaking of leather, who prefers nylon restraints over leather. :twisted: :twisted:

G

·
SheNine said:
whompuss said:
who prefers nylon restraints over leather. :twisted: :twisted:

Too scratchy!!! Leather or latex is much better...................
Iffen I was only 20 years younger.
What I used to do all night now takes me all night to do :cry:

At least- God I wish I could remember that thread- at the end I'm gonna come in with a four wheel drift, smoke boiling from those Pirelli P-4's, screaming" "Damn, what a ride"

G

·
"I own no plastic guns. I own no plastic holsters."
-popeye

Blue steel, walnut, and leather.

The best of all worlds.

Doug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts