National Gun Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Don't be in too much of a hurry to unload your winter gear. From what I read, Texas can get some bitter cold weather ...... and the longer you live there, the thinner your skin will become.
The 10 1/2" of snow we got here in Del Rio on February 14, 2021 was the first storm of that magnitude since Santana's troops froze to death in 1836. But the whole mess was gone in 10 days. Up north we would have been slushing around in it until Memorial day. ;)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
I was not aware of their foray into into woke territory. They do good work and help a lot of people. They are not a for profit business they are a charitable organization. I don't like to talk about my charitable giving but I have been giving them sizable contributions lately. I would encourage others to do so. I know they help house troubled vets. Every time there's a disaster they are there.

If not them find some other agency to support so they can help others. I've been fortunate during the pandemic and reasonably comfortable like being able to work overtime and type this. I haven't found a pregnancy crisis center to support yet. I know there are good ones out there I just haven't pin pointed one to support. I feel that if you are going to support the repeal of Roe vs Wade you should be willing to support the fallout. There are poor pregnant woman that want to make a financial decision to kill their baby. In the real world if they have the baby they need help. I need guns and ammo but I can cut back to try and help a mother that decided not to kill her baby. They are volunteers that really provide support but they need money to keep the lights on, giving some cash is the easy part.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
I walk by the same bell ringer at WM every time I go, same sleazy guy, unshaven, stinks, and every time I think I'm white and you don't want my money. I don't see anyone putting money in.
Locally they hire homeless or sheltered individuals to ring the bell. It's a charitable activity but part of it is they work to get paid.

·
Registered
16,768 Posts
Same with Florida. Sometimes I have to put on socks and a t-shirt with sleeves when it gets really cold. But Texas does get colder, snow like colder.
Socks and a long sleeve tee shirt? Oh the humanity!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Yosemite Sam
21 - 26 of 26 Posts