National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't do it.........

with the stimulus check coming, the first thing i thought of was a benelli m4....

then i lowered my sights onto an FN SLR police riot gun......impressive gun there

i am sitting on two pump riot guns now.....so do i really need an auto version?.....
need?........no
want..........yes....

but parting with $1200 for one gun is awful hard for me.....gives me a guilty conscience to spend that much at my age. I know i can't take it with me.....but i would sure like to try to wear it half way out before i go....but at my age?....probably would just get it broke in good.....

perhaps i should get some preventative mantanence on the truck.....drop and flush the gas tank, replace the fuel pump, and get that broken gas gauge fixed........and get that dang pcv worked on so the idiot light will go out on the dash. Done replaced that thing once, and then replaced the switch twice......still comes back on. Said they need to blow it out or something or other. Dang liberal smog control crapola to complicate a vehicle and make it more expensive to work on....but even with the idiot light on, i am still getting a combined 21 mpg city/hwy on a 20 year old mazda 4 cylinder pickup....she may be tired, but she still runs good.

i am sure i may wavier and change my mind later on......but for now, i guess i will need lottery money to get that shotgun......so i guess i will stimulate the economy for the local mechanic this go around...

maybe.......:sosp:

·
Barney
107 Posts
Probably not a gun. This fall I got rid of six of them just because I was tired of having them laying around. I have enough guns. But I might buy a couple of pricey holsters that I probably wouldn't spend the money on. They certainly aren't twelve hundred bucks though.

But we were talking about it the other day and my wife said that we should use it to stimulate the economy, which means spend it. I don't have any wants or needs and I don't want to just buy some stuff to buy stuff. I have too much stuff already. Our biggest expense in life is travelling. Maybe when things get back to normal we will go somewhere on it.

·
Jesus Saves
7,843 Posts
Temptation, temptation and more temptation. I WANT a new gun, actually a few, but I will not.....as hard as it will be. I need that money for necessity.

I want, I want and I want........but uncertainty will demand good stewardship.

·
Registered
13,710 Posts
So do Social Security recipients get a check? It's not clear. But, if I do, it will go into the community. I've already talked to a shop about getting my cooling system on my truck overhauled. And I'll be getting some things done to my scooter. Going to get my transportation issues taken care of. They give it to me, I give it to the community.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my understanding is yes on the social security........and if you are one of those on social that they sent the form or whatever letter that you do not have to file a return.....you will still get the stimulus.....

Reactions: Popeye

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,292 Posts
My 2¢ says, spend a third of your stimulus check on a AR-12 and use the rest to fix up the truck.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well.....we will spend it on some particular priorities........if there is anything left over and the temptation is still there......i am sure i will get something.....depending on what is left.....the wife has wants and needs as well.

might be a henry AR7.....i can not seem to avoid that pattern rifle even though prior experiences have been horrible.. i have been snookered three times already with a charter arms, survival arms, and an early henry ar7........but like a mouse to cheese..........or bug to a zapper.....i am drawn to it...:lol:

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
I think i'm going to buy either a $1, 3, 4 or 5 gold coin or maybe an late 1700's .25 or .50 coin. Maybe stock up on some primers and powder and buy some TP with whats left over.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,933 Posts
I'm in the enviable position of owning, or having owned, most every firearm I've coveted. I'm even in the process of slowly 'thinning the herd'. I imagine any 'stimulus dollars' I receive will go into the pot and pay living expenses.

·
Registered
13,710 Posts
Think I'll just buy some ammo, 9mm and .380, for what I have. After getting my truck worked on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Most likely I'll get the transmission i need for my project truck. Need to get it running before my daughter turns 16 next month, so she can have the pathfinder

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,915 Posts
I just put $5000 into one of the truck for a trans and other expensive repairs. Now the other truck needs a transmission also. We are paying half for my sons wedding so that’s like $20K. My wife is loosing her job and we’ll have to pay out of pocket for our benefits at $2200 a month. Screw it, I’m buying a gun.

·
Registered
13,710 Posts
Before the bill was passed, they said SSI recipients would get "about $600", while people filing a tax return would get the $1200. I haven't filed a tax return in years. So IF I get $1200 that I don't deserve, rather than the $600 I don't deserve, I may consider https://homedefensejournal.com/2016/09/01/rock-island-armory-xt-22-magnum/ I've always had a hankerin' for a .22 magnum semi-auto pistol, and this seems to be the only one out there.

·
Registered
13,710 Posts
Oh yea, saw that. I think it's a really ugly pistol. I like the capacity, but... The RIA is a little more $, but not much. And I don't have a 1911, the RIA kills two birds.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts