National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the NBA has announced cancellation of the season as two Utah Jazz players have tested positive for the corona-virus as well as Tom Hanks and his wife announce they are infected, from Australia, I believe.

This thing had better be more serious than the flu or some people will be toast when the smoke clears.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So, the NBA has announced cancellation of the season as two Utah Jazz players have tested positive for the corona-virus as well as Tom Hanks and his wife announce they are infected, from Australia, I believe.

This thing had better be more serious than the flu or some people will be toast when the smoke clears.
The president just went on national tv to demonstrate how serious this is, and your questioning whether this is serious. 10x more deadly than the flu (at least). Just ordered more ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,927 Posts
10x more deadly than the flu (at least).
Hmmm. Last I heard it has 2x the mortality rate of the flu and it tends to, like the flu, kill sick old people.

Reactions: delcrossv

·
AZHerper
3,735 Posts
I think that 10x more deadly than the flu will prove to be very hyperbolic. Over 20,000 people have died of the flu in the US this season and the average is about 35,000. Mortality of 10x would be around 350,000. I really doubt that Covid-19 will be that deadly. I'm almost 84 so I'm in a very high risk group. However, as of March 3 no child under 9 has died from it. If children are essentially immune, then there are thousands of asymptomatic which means that the death rate is even lower than calculated.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,927 Posts
In terms of hysterias, the more the world changes, the more its people certainly remain the same ~ Victor Davis Hanson

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
It seems most people have forgotten about H1N1. I had a doctors appointment yesterday and we talked about the corona for a few minutes. He reminded me that well over 1,000 people died from that before any drastic measures were taken here and there were over 4,000 deaths from that(in the U.S.). He also said something that no one seems to be mentioning when they talk about the death rates comparing covoid19 and the flu. While the death rate is higher than the flu we have no vaccines or treatments for covoid right now and he suspects when we do the death rates will be much lower than that of the flu. Even with vaccines and treatments the flu can kill anyone, young, old sick and healthy while this seems to mainly go after the older and weaker people. He said while this is serious the news coverage and hype is very unsettling.

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Jesus Saves
7,837 Posts

Bring the jam and butter......

·
I don't fit in yer fasces
354 Posts
No basketball for the "kids" to watch. I predict a big up tick in the crime rate in certain metropolitan areas.
Then we can pass a whole bunch of laws further restricting people. You know. To help the people.

This can turn into a "big government" wet dream if it hasn't already.

·
Registered
696 Posts
The media is trying, give them time. It did not work with the others but they are getting an early start on this one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
The president just went on national tv to demonstrate how serious this is, and your questioning whether this is serious. 10x more deadly than the flu (at least). Just ordered more ammo.
10x deadlier than the flu is still only a 2% fatality rate, and those fatalities are still generally within typical at-risk groups (elderly, imune-compromised, etc). Being prepared for a disaster isn't a bad thing, just make sure you're not contributing to hysteria in the process.

·
Super Moderator
11,345 Posts
Your racist insinuations are not welcome here. Take a week and think about it.

--Wag--

Reactions: Popeye
1 - 16 of 16 Posts