National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List the biggest hunk of junk you have ever owned.

I would have to say a Jennings. Just GARBAGE!

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I wouldn't call the Taurus PT140 I used to own junk, but I could not get any accuracy out of it, and the mag release was located in a spot that guaranteed unintened mag drops. (They fixed the mag release issue with the Pro model).

My Bersa Thunder gets real dirty after about 50 rounds and jams big time. Cleaning it ALWAYS fixes this, but only until the next 50 rounds.

Other than that, the lowest end gun I have is a Phoenix Arms .22, but so far it's been reliable and accurate.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I heard they've improved, but I had a Sig Mosquito .22 that wouldn't feed more than 2-3 rounds before failing to feed. It didn't matter what ammo was used either. And I love Sigs, I have owned five and still have a 229 that I love.

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
Uh... every Taurus I, or my wife has ever owned...lol

I've heard some people have had decent luck with a Taurus, but as far as I can tell... it's only a myth...lol

G

·
I've heard some people have great luck with Taurus, but it wasn't me. My vote goes to the Taurus Tracker .357 and 24/7 .45acp. You get what you pay for.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Mine had to be the FI 380 that I had for a time. Small and compact but I never could get the damn thing to shoot right. Jammed all the time and I had to sneak the targets out of the range after practice with it I was so embarrassed.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Llama 1911 - what a piece of doo-doo. The only 1911 I have ever wanted to use as a hammer or actually use a sledge hammer on!

G

·
I'll probably get jumped all over for this, just remember it's just my opinion. Savage 7mm Rem Mag. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from two feet away, and yes I know how to shoot. I qualified expert in the Army only because of a malfunction that caused me to miss one target.

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
I'll probably get jumped all over for this, just remember it's just my opinion. Savage 7mm Rem Mag. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from two feet away, and yes I know how to shoot. I qualified expert in the Army only because of a malfunction that caused me to miss one target.
Nah. No one here will jump all over you for saying your opinion. Sounds like you just had a lemon.

As I am sure is obvious to those who read the posts about my Taurus PT1911, that's been my worst gun so far. But now the problems are fixed and it works like a charm!

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Some Rossi revolver I picked up when I was about 18...blew the timing out of the cylinder constantly...with semi-wadcutters even. I am sure some illegal alien ended up with it after I threw it in the dump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts