National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

you've got a great country with awesome gun laws. I'm a german gun guy who is interested in the american gun culture. During my research I noticed that I found only little information about targets. Although amazon.com is the largest online retailer in the US, there are only a few sales (low bestseller ranks). And also on youtube are barely reviews for targets. So here are my questions:

1) Where did you buy your targets for the range or shooting on private ground?
2) How important is the selection of targets? Do you prefer brands or noname? How important is quality (for example paper thickness)?
3) How much did you spend on targets? How many targets do you use per month?
4) Which type of targets (bullseye, silhouette ...) is used the most an what material (paper, steel)?

Thank you for your answers and excuse my bad english :thumbsup:

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,631 Posts
For the backyard range, I use mostly trash, empty soda cans, empty soup cans, plastic bottles, paper plates, etc., that goes back into the trash when I'm finished. For the rare times I go to an indoor range, I use silhouette targets.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard. Stop by the New Members section, introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself as well.

1) That depends on what I’m doing that day
2) Same as above (1)
3) I only buy targets if I’m practicing something specific. I mostly use targets that I print for free.
4) Paper for most of what I do. In my way of thinking metal is used for long rang shooting, you can see it or hear it.

Also what Mad said above^^^

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
For use at my gun cub, I buy NRA paper bulls eye 25 yard targets (club sells these). For my air pistols, GAMO 10 yard bulls eye targets (via Amazon). My goal is to improve over a previous score.

·
Aim true !
9,795 Posts
I made in investment i steel targets. And i use cardboard from boxes i get goods shipped in. And peoples junk they dump in the shooting spots we have. My fave junk is bricks and cement blocks.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
I buy my targets from an online supplier in bulk. Each has 5 ovals on a 24x36 inch piece of paper.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
I use old blueprints that my company tosses.
Handmade cardboard silhouette stencil and can of spray paint are my best friends, then.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts

·
Banned
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
For paper i mainly use NRA style targets and buy them in 100 packs. I also some some other types like shoot N see occasionally but they are kind of pricey. I mainly shoot steel and have several different ones i use depending on what i'm shooting for the day. I also had some of those plastic self healing targets but i eventually wore them out but they do take a severe beating and can withstand at least 1k of rounds before they are junk. Someday i'll get some more. I put very little thought when buying, when i need or want some i usually just order online or get the plastic ones from walmart.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I do not like spending money on paper targets just to throw them away.
Mostly use paper plates indoors. Every once in a while will splurge on some silhouette targets.
Outdoors, whatever is in the trash.

·
Registered
650 Posts
A target is just something to shoot at.

I use old cereal boxes, turned inside out. At night I use old crayons to color in the circles I create, using a plate, and a cup.
Old tin cans are the natural enemy of the 22LR, you know.

I got lucky, found a bunch of old surplus signs from a prior election, to use as backing.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,315 Posts
Paper plates and sticky dots is all I need. I had silhouettes at first but ran out. Paid more and I wasn't better on them :lol:

Reactions: Popeye
1 - 14 of 14 Posts