National Gun Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I gave up watching the NFL when they started kneeling. I have since given up watching or attending any sports including NASCAR. I have not missed it at all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The sponsors of sporting events are the ones paying to advertise their products during sporting events. If people would contact those sponsors and tell them that they refuse to buy their products if they allow politics and political statements to be displayed by the athletes and arenas and stadiums, the sponsors might stop sponsoring the teams. If that happens, the athletes salaries would plummet to near zero. Once the athletes see that, they'll change their minds about supporting ANY political movement. They only way to make these athletes and teams pay attention, is to hit them in their wallets. Sports are for enjoyment, not for making political statements. Sports fans want to sit in front of the TV and enjoy their favorite sports, not be bombarded with political messages from the athletes. Kneeling for the National Anthem isn't a protest for anything, it's a sign of disrespect for the millions of men and women who died, fighting to keep this country free. Oh, and to top it off, BLM is a Marxist organization that is pushing their Marxist agenda on the country, so why would any team or athlete show support for them?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not watching ANY of them at any level. I'm not watching my Saints or my college team. I'm sick and damn tired of being told what a bad person I am because I'm 1) white, and 2) Conservative. These people are paid (yes collegiate athletes as well) to ENTERTAINE us. Shut up and dance! I've got better things to do with my time and with my wife and children.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It has become totally disgusting for sure. And to the Point of just giving them all up. God forbid we ever have to see a Pro Shooter, or hunting Channel show with them on their frigging knees and BS fist in the Air. That knee Bending and fist have become synonymous with sickening disrespect to Our Nations Flag, Anthem, Troops, Police, EMT's, Firefighers etc. A symbol to destruction of innocent peoples property, stealing, looting, burning, torching and just total anarchy.
Real Americans Stand Tall,We Stand Proud and kneel to no body but Almighty God!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Today's professional atheletes are physical freaks, either genetically, through tremendous amounts of work ot both. The fact that they are very young, are pampered and play games for a living seems to have mentally and emotionally stunted them.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Sports is a way of shutting out the world of everyday concerns, of boredom on the job, the usual money worries, and the various tribulations that come with ordinary life. Sports creates an autonomous world with its own rules and pleasures and functions as a necessary distraction from the complex and insoluble world “out there.”
Well said. When I think about baseball specifically, it was always America’s game. Every boy remembers his first pro game, maybe not even the game itself but the experience, the right of passage. So much American heart in the game that during WWII, women started their own league to keep baseball alive and American’s spirits up during a terrible time of war. It was still a great sport when I was in my 20’s. I think baseball started to die with the generation of entitlement. I lost interest some time ago. It’s not the same anymore.

Last year, I took my 3 boys to their first game. It had been so long since I cared, I didn’t really recognize any players names. It’s a shame that may not happen again. It’s gone from America’s game to the platform of America’s destruction and I won’t teach my kids to take part in that. It may have started in the NFL but it’s infected the other sports as well. I was actually proud to be a Cards fan when they told the LGBT activists to shove it over their boycott of family christian day at the park. I’m not going to watch that same team wear BLM shirts and take a knee.

·
Registered
18,623 Posts
Being "ghetto-gladiators" is, unfortunately or not, their only way out. And it sure pays more than a truck load of degrees, certificates and licenses. Intellect, for them, is highly over-rated. The bills for "bling", nudie bars and taxes sure take their toll.

There's always hip-hop or pimpin' as fallbacks.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts