National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've never used a gun belt before, or never had a good one, I suggest trying the 2.0 Kore EDC belt. I've been using them over a year now and they are awesome. It's a stiff but flexible belt that uses a track stitched into the back of the belt. It is like a zip tie that gives you an awesome fit to your waist. When I my sidearm is right against my waist so there's no sag or slag and I get a faster draw because the belt doesn't raise up when I pull, keeps my gear put. I'm giving them a shout out because I'm a shooting instructor so I wear a gun belt almost everyday and this is the best, most comfortable gun belt I have ever used. Let me know what you think or you wear.

·
Registered
209 Posts
A proper gun belt is a must have. I always buy a matched belt when I have holsters made.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
i have a DeSantis belt with some years on it.....a good belt makes a lot of difference.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
A belt makes no difference to me. It can be leather, canvas, or anything else. It can be any width, flexible or rigid - no matter. I give my belt no thought whatever. Because I pocket carry. In a pocket holster.
Now, let's talk dress slacks vs. jeans vs. cargo pants. Pockets matter.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Love those belts, buuuuutttt you better practice getting the trigger that locks the belt in place loose. A code brown can go bad real quick. Grins

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
well......i am fat enough that the pants have to button/snap below my belly to wear.......therefore they already have a good head start of slipping south...add a pocket revolver in the front and a 25 acp in the back pocket and you appreciate them suspenders more every day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agreed. I own 2 of the Kore holster belts and they're terrific. I threw out my other gun belts. I've had them for 3 years and they hardly show any wear. the best part is how the track keeps my 1911 right to my waist. Stiff enough to do the job and comfortable enough to wear all day.*

·
Registered
564 Posts
In today's gun culture(tactikewl) if a person does not have to take a loan out to buy a belt they are not tactikewl, and should be shamed. OTH I have been using inexpensive waxed belts for years at extremely frugal costs with complete comfort. I am very proud of being frugal, and not tactikewl. I own no tactical vests, tactikewl boots, 5-11 pants, and polo shirts with a gun manufacturers logo sewed on the front. In fact I buy my t-shirts by the package in solid colors with only a pocket sewed on, no TM merchandise. It's tough being non tactical, but somebody has to do it.

·
Live Free
2,797 Posts
In today's gun culture(tactikewl) if a person does not have to take a loan out to buy a belt they are not tactikewl, and should be shamed. OTH I have been using inexpensive waxed belts for years at extremely frugal costs with complete comfort. I am very proud of being frugal, and not tactikewl. I own no tactical vests, tactikewl boots, 5-11 pants, and polo shirts with a gun manufacturers logo sewed on the front. In fact I buy my t-shirts by the package in solid colors with only a pocket sewed on, no TM merchandise. It's tough being non tactical, but somebody has to do it.
Wish I could double like this! I have lived all my life without really being interested in trends, fashion, tacticool, or wearing logos. Have not changed much either.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
For my whole life I was in strong opposition to off-body carry.
However, due to my L5-S1 troubles I can't carry on my belt now.
So I have decided to try off-body carry and bought Vertx Transit Sling EDC.
Just got it yesterday.
At least it doesn't look tactikewl. :arf:

·
Aim true !
10,020 Posts
I like that pack. Would be great for hunting and hiking too.

Reactions: surevaliance

·
Registered
492 Posts
I received one of the kore trakline belts for Christmas a few years back. I'm not sure why but I was skeptical at first. I think my main issue was hesitating to cut the belt to size per the directions. When I finally got over that I found I really like the design for concealed carry. The ability to really dial in the tension of the belt is outstanding. My only complaint is the stiff core digs into my gut a bit in front. With a leather belt my gut would reshape the belt, putting a curve there. I've lost some weight now so it is less of an issue, and even before that the pros of the belt outweighed the con. I still have my heavy leather gunbelts hanging in the closet, but any more the trakline is all I reach for when getting dressed.

Also, the buckle can easily be taken off and put back on the belt, which is handy when going through airport security.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Ok all these are top picks. Now Amish Leather Smith an awesome way to go to.

·
Léitheoir
154 Posts
I'm really leaning towards a Bigfoot brand belt for my next belt purchase.

Right now I use a Triple-K "Garrison Belt" which works ok.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm really leaning towards a Bigfoot brand belt for my next belt purchase.

Right now I use a Triple-K "Garrison Belt" which works ok.
I bought a Bigfoot gun belt a couple years back (they advertise on here at least they did a couple years back) and it's been the best belt for me so far. I guess it all depends on your gut size...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts