National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this e-mail in my inbox upon my return from Sturgis.

I only went in to look at the site one time and now they send me stuff on occassion. Never sent them a dime and never will but I do like to see what they are up to. Enjoy!

.S. Senate Push to Strengthen Brady Background Checks Imminent
Dear Lee,

We have a tremendous opportunity to accomplish a major Brady Campaign goal: keeping guns out of the hand of criminals and the mentally ill. And the Brady Campaign needs your help today to make this happen.

For just $5 or more each month, you can help the Brady Campaign ensure passage of this important legislation that will saves lives. The Brady Campaign is lobbying key Senators to help ensure the bill's passage and we need the necessary resources to make this happen. We must also be prepared to launch a targeted ad campaign to get our message out and get the critical Senate votes we need.

In just a couple of weeks, Congress will reconvene and the U.S. Senate will consider a bill that will strengthen the Brady background check system by uploading hundreds of thousands of criminal and prohibited purchaser records into the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) established by the Brady Law.

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy’s bill (H.R. 2640), which passed the House in June, provides states monetary incentives to automate their lists of convicted criminals and the mentally ill who are prohibited from buying firearms and load this data into NICS.

Passing H.R. 2640 was an important first step to strengthen Brady background checks. And now we are pressing the Senate to follow the House's lead and pass this legislation as soon as they return from recess.

And we urgently need your special support today to see this effort through to completion.

Please click here to make an online commitment of $5 or more per month for 5 months. This affordable amount will automatically be charged to your credit card each month right through December — unless you decide to extend your monthly commitment further.

Thanks for your support! We’ll keep you posted . . .

Sincerely,

Sarah Brady, Chair

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They must be desperate for money! They ask for it all the time, much more than the NRA solicits me!

I just toss the NRA stuff in the trash if its a solicition for more money. I am a patron member and have sent them lots of goodies over the years. I do buy their DVD and tape collections and those are about $25 a pop, so you know most of the money is a donation.

I know the Brady group fears the NRA over all the other organizations combined since they are the only one that is of any size to stir the pot at this time. Others are growning too and I urge you all to join up with your favorite to support gun rights.

When the chips are down they will all join together to slam the anti-gun congress and others that deny our second amendment rights.

My hats off to the internet and gun forums like this that have allowed gun owners, hunters, collector and mfgs to join up and organize better to push back against the rising tide of Urban anti-gun folks.

G

·
That may backfire on sarah, I think I'll start a drive for all NRA and TSRA members to send them five bux a month instead. :--- :--- :--- :---

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote: Rep. Carolyn McCarthy’s bill (H.R. 2640), which passed the House in June, provides states monetary incentives to automate their lists of convicted criminals and the mentally ill who are prohibited from buying firearms and load this data into NICS.

We need to make sure the criminals and mentally ill know that it was Sarah Brady and Carolyn McCarthy that denied them the right to purchase firearms!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts