National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
If reheating is necessary (NY thin crust does not require it), the best way would over a charcoal grate in the BBQ

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
There was a chain of restaurants called Players which I think was only on the west coast. They made great pizza and had two that were my favorite. One was called the quarterback sneak and I can't remember the name of the other. One was pepperoni and bleu cheese and the other was pepperoni and peanut butter. A lot on both on them. I loved them both and people thought I was a sicko..I also like anchovies and peppers on mine.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The fry pan at medium heat with a couple of drops of water and covered works best for me.

·
Premium Member
5,424 Posts
Well since I’m from New Jersey, where the absolute best pizza is from, I’m overly qualified to give you these answers. The worst is the microwave. It will be hot but soggy soft. As I posted earlier, a 400* oven will do a nice quick heating and put it right on the grate. The crust will be crisp and the top will be nice and hot just like it came right out of the pizzeria.
my family is big on pepperoni and it’s good but extra cheese and garlic or extra cheese and anchovy’s is the way if you’re drinking beer. There’s a few places in NJ that have the best pizza. Star Tavern is tops on anyone’s list. Reservoir tavern in Boonton is one that has to be tried. Then there’s a place called Vic’s Tavern in Bradley Beach that has the thinnest crust you ever tried. It’s like a salteen cracker. In my town there are 4 pizza parlors and two are wood fired ovens. The water in this area is the best for making great crust. They say it’s the alkalinity of the water that creates a great crust.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Truck Drivers favorite is to use the engine manifold. More fun than a microwave.
Increasing popular is the bunk heater. Right in front of that one and only vent. It's hot. There's even talk of a Bunk Heater Cook Book.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Truck Drivers favorite is to use the engine manifold. More fun than a microwave.
Increasing popular is the bunk heater. Right in front of that one and only vent. It's hot. There's even talk of a Bunk Heater Cook Book.

I've seen videos of guys who make grills and griddles that mount right on their exhaust manifolds and will cook meals that way.

Me i was just a poor boy who would toss a dunkin donut in the bag on the defroster to warm it up. Their blueberry donuts tasted phenomenal that way!

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Had a guy on a construction job heat up huge trays of lasagna, enchiladas, etc. on the manifold of the Cat dozer he operated. Everyone loved a ht lunch when it was cold outside.

Reactions: PrairieHunt
1 - 15 of 15 Posts