National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AZHerper
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to publicly thank deputy for telling me how easy it is to put someone on the "ignore" list. If we'd all do it to those irritating multilple meaningless posters maybe they'd just give up and go away.

All you have to do is click on their screen name, select their profile and add them to the ignore list. For those of us who'd rather not see their nonsense, this is a real boon!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Keep your enemies closer. I'd rather know the mindsets of those I despise than wait on them to stab me in the back. Obviously that can't/shouldn't happen on the forum but strange things are entirely possible. I won't ignore, but I won't actively answer posts from them either.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
I've blocked the +1group but sometimes others are fun to play with.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Who is Deputy is he a member here? Does he ever post anything? I don't see him posting anything.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Start erasing everyone that has an alternate view and we become no better than those we despise. Even here 1A means something...I hope. Just use the ignore switch if our tempers we cannot hold.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Who is Deputy is he a member here? Does he ever post anything? I don't see him posting anything.

Yes he is a regular here who posts all the time.

Reactions: Randy

·
AZHerper
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Start erasing everyone that has an alternate view and we become no better than those we despise. Even here 1A means something...I hope. Just use the ignore switch if our tempers we cannot hold.
That's not why I use it and most of the "regulars" clearly understand. Bombardment with myriads of extraneous and nonsensical posts is not simply expressing an "alternate view". You're hardly ever here so obviously you don't understand.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
i guess i am on your ignore list........:lol:

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Registered
166 Posts
I get it. I visit many more forums than just this one. I try to stay away from the ones that rule with a heavy tyrannical hand. I also know post counts means something, but that takes time. And maybe some nonsensical posts. I know I have an off the wall sense of humor that more serious people don't appreciate and therefore don't even get. But, until folks get to know my ways they don't get it.

I'm not saying some folks shouldn't booted out; I.E.: those that are rude, intentionally disruptive in all subject matter, or break the rules on a long term basis. Unfortunately, I've seen and been banned for using one non vulgar cuss word in the past. Those 'adults' were truly children! Family oriented is one thing, but I'm no Saint!

So, please don't think I was arguing with you, I was stating in a round about yet direct way that the ability to ban someone should be taken very seriously lest we become what we despise.

·
AZHerper
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I get it. I visit many more forums than just this one. I try to stay away from the ones that rule with a heavy tyrannical hand. I also know post counts means something, but that takes time. And maybe some nonsensical posts. I know I have an off the wall sense of humor that more serious people don't appreciate and therefore don't even get. But, until folks get to know my ways they don't get it.

I'm not saying some folks shouldn't booted out; I.E.: those that are rude, intentionally disruptive in all subject matter, or break the rules on a long term basis. Unfortunately, I've seen and been banned for using one non vulgar cuss word in the past. Those 'adults' were truly children! Family oriented is one thing, but I'm no Saint!

So, please don't think I was arguing with you, I was stating in a round about yet direct way that the ability to ban someone should be taken very seriously lest we become what we despise.
Sounds reasonable to me Randy!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Eh no clue as to why ignore no response to the ads or posters eventually they stop and move on.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
i guess i am on your ignore list........
Sarcasm doesn't come across in print. Not everybody gets my dry humor. Why would I ignore my buddy Deputy? Now I wonder who might be ignoring me? Hellloooo is this thing on...

Reactions: deputy and Randy

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sarcasm doesn't come across in print. Not everybody gets my dry humor. Why would I ignore my buddy Deputy? Now I wonder who might be ignoring me? Hellloooo is this thing on...
Oh, Sorry fixit .... didn't see you here....

Which brings up a point. The smiley's in most forums seem childish to many yet they are available because they offer an important service...to convey in one picture what would take a thousand words otherwise. For instance...

Sarcasm, suspicion, not entirely believing what has been said, or just want more info?....

Conveying something humorous and off the wall, or just saying you are nuts thinking that way, while trying to not offend...

Smiley's (emoticons, emoji's, whatever) combined with a few words can covey a lot of meaning contrary to what the words themselves may imply.

These are only some smiley's that are on the first page of the smiley's, there's many more that can fit many situations.

Are they childish? Who cares! I've grown old, I haven't grown up! I still like laughter.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
..............:cornut:............

Reactions: Randy
1 - 15 of 15 Posts