National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Live Free
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week I spoke up on a Memorial Day thread about what was happening with my wife as she was passing blood, a lot of blood. It was serious and forced her to be flown to Sioux Falls and kept her in the ICU for five days. Yesterday one of the doctors closely reviewed the data and reviewed the colonoscopy and angiogram data and felt they could identify the location the bleeding was coming from. They had been trying hard but the bleeding would start and stop at will and thus was very elusive. Well they were finally able to sort of cauterize the spot through the third angiogram procedure, and it worked. I have prayed and cried and worried and wept as they kept giving her more blood and testing; that were determined not to do surgery that would remove half her colon or more, and finally she is on the mend and out of ICU. I am grateful to the doctors and nurses for their resolve and skills and their care! I am most thankful to God for giving such skill and resolve to these awesome people. We are hoping to go home by Saturday. I am quite exhausted, but filled with joy...and thankful!

·
Aim true !
9,721 Posts
Always nice to hear she is on the mend. Thanks for letting us know. The lord is a great ally in the walk of life.

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
OMG.My heart sank as I read your post. Please know that I will pray for you both. I hope she continues to improve and gets out of that hospital ASAP!

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
If I read it correctly, sounds like awesome news!.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Super Moderator
14,174 Posts
Wow! I missed the earlier post. Glad she’s doing better and the doctors were able to find and fix the problem. You and she have my positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy and permanent recovery.

Alan

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,441 Posts
Missed the earlier post as well. That is fantastic news.
Hopefully its smooth sailing for you both going forward.
God bless.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,492 Posts
I hate that I didn't see this until now. I'm glad my prayers were answered before I had a chance to ask.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Outstanding news!!! All the best for you and yours sir.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,293 Posts
Glad to know she's doing better. The colon has A LOT of blood vessels it doesn't take much to look bad, thankfully they were able to fix it, rest and quiet to you both (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts