National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

New here and just getting into firearms!

What spurned me to consider ownership was an acquaintance of mine from high school was shot and killed in a parking garage near my house. It was a tragedy for the community, but what got to me is that it has been a year and the shooter has not been identified, let alone charged. I always assumed even if you couldn't protect yourself from all threats, in this day and age, the police would certainly be able to identify someone who brazenly gunned someone down in public and bring them to justice. Guess not.

Sorry if that was dark, but this has me wanting to take my protection into my own hands. I am looking to buy my first gun soon and plan to get my concealed carry license as well. Was hoping to come here to lurk and ask questions to get better informed!

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Welcome from NJ! Get some safety and shooting training and lots of range time. Know your laws and your exposure if you carry, print, draw and fire and especially if you take a life. It’s complicated.

·
Super Moderator
14,175 Posts
Welcome from NJ! Get some safety and shooting training and lots of range time. Know your laws and your exposure if you carry, print, draw and fire and especially if you take a life. It’s complicated.
This is good advice.

Alan

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,522 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Jesus Saves
7,701 Posts
Welcome. Sorry for your bad experience. It's unfortunate that at times something like this needs to happen for people to realize the police cannot protect us. At times like those that people realize the importance of our freedoms and why they are framed in the constitution.

Welcome to a great forum.....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Welcome. I too am in Texas.
Although I have great respect for LE in general, I have no illusions.
They can NOT protect everyone. If they could, there would be no violent crime or unsolved cases. Really simple.

Texas Law Shield has some very good videos and a book that can be bought at a lot of Texas Gun stores. I highly recommend them even if you don't get their services. Very informative. They also offer local informative seminars.

My condolences for your friend.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota, Sorry for your unfortunate loss. If you do a little searching you will find a almost unlimited amount of advise from previous posts on this forum. But never feel foolish for asking questions here.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Greetings And Welcome To The Forum

Howdy, life happens, events motivate us to do things.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts