National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Believe it or not, after England banned guns and knife violence went up, they were considering banning knives with pointy ends!!!

Their theory was than you don't need a point to slice your fod.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
I can see it now. People will be calling for a ban on knives, bats, and icepicks next.

Maybe we should just let people protect themselves.

Additionally Glock. After the UK banned firearms, they saw a huge raise in all crimes. Including firearms crime.

People, we do not have a gun knife or sword problem. We (humans) have a violence problem. That is not something you can deal with by banning things.

We humans have always had a violence problem.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Its easier to blame the tool rather than blame the tool wielder.

Tool banning 'solutions' rarely work but they 'feel' good.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Popeye's right again. Just like calling black guns "assault rifles", which we know they aren't. Remember "Cop-Killer Bullets"?

There was one year, many years ago, where there were over a dozen separate incidents of murder commited using an ashtray. That was back when over 10% of the US adult population smoked, too! Yup, killer ashtrays. Maybe a "Black Assault Ashtray". Yeah, that's the ticket, The epitome of evil: Black Assault Ashtrays used to club a homosexual, vegan baby seal.

G

·
Dont ban guns just require people to take a class to get a gun permit, and people who sell guns should have to be more educated. and every gun sold should have the buyrs serial number on it so it cant be removed. this would definetly help lower crime,since only law abiding people could carry them to defend themselves.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Levio91 said:
Don't ban guns just require people to take a class to get a gun permit, and people who sell guns should have to be more educated. and every gun sold should have the buyrs serial number on it so it cant be removed. this would definitely help lower crime,since only law abiding people could carry them to defend themselves.

But then what happens when some "Methed Out Tweeker" breaks into your private home and steals your gun and commits a crime. Or if you want to sell your gun. The police will come after you, that will be fun! :eek:

Having a number stamped on a gun does nothing to stop or slow crime. Putting criminals in jail and keeping them their slows and stops crime. ;)

Like micro stamping of bullets. Wow what a prince of a stupid idea! Commit a crime and pick up your casings and viola you have circumvented the whole idea. Or use a revolver, my no casings come flying out, what! How can that happen? A idea that will cost shooters and mfgs billions but can be cricumvented with little effort. :( :(

To have liberals that have zero knowledge of firearms offer ideas to slow or stop crime is a silly solution. But its cute and plays to the media and the entertainment industry. ;) ;)

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
Reminds me of the new Walmart "policy" of video taping all firearms purchases at Walmart stores. Nevermind the fact that the most likely culprit did not purchase the firearm, or that the police wouldnt be able to identify the firearm unless it was left at the scene, or that they would go to walmart to get a picture of the person to whom it is registered, etc. etc. etc.

Apparently I'm a little riled up this morning........ :twisted:

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
The only thing you could ban that would stop criminal, and violent acts, along with all forms of fatal accidents... would be the collective human race itself.

I SAY WE BAN ALL THE MORONS NEXT!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts