National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some terms I hate to see in the press, or hear on tv.
Like packin -- are you packin? -- no wasn't plannen on goin nowhere.
Rod, for curtains?
Heater, like are you packin a heater? No, mine is attached to my truck.
Gotta piece? Not lately.

Perhaps my dislike of this type of terminology is the result of being old. These were the terms that the gangsters used in movies long befor tv. Perhaps it is because ignorant anti gun people use these terms. Perhaps it is because my military career taught me to use proper nomenclature.

At any rate, what do you think of the use, in the media, of this type of terminology?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i agree. hollywood and the media are stupid and ignorant. gun owners dont say stuff like that.

my wife likes to joke around and ask me if im strapped. i just give her the evil eye when she does.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its just a glare. then she laughs cause she knows im not serious.

some times i think i married a little kid

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
leeindy said:
i agree. hollywood and the media are stupid and ignorant. gun owners dont say stuff like that.

my wife likes to joke around and ask me if im strapped. i just give her the evil eye when she does.
Yeah, I'm strapped for cash, flip me a $20 :ugeek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with Shootenturk +100.
That Hoolwood crap gives ligitimate gun owners a shady image. I'm a stickler for nomenclature. It's a mag- NOT a clip. A revolver is not a pistol. "Assault rifles" are not "automatics"
My biggest turn off is the "gangsta" style of shooting, rotating the pistol 45 deg. Makes me want to snatch the pistol out of their hand and slap the sheet out of them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whompuss said:
My biggest turn off is the "gangsta" style of shooting, rotating the pistol 45 deg. Makes me want to snatch the pistol out of their hand and slap the sheet out of them.
+100000 That drives me insane
:evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts