National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This local farmer, Jeff Something in a mustache, "hears something" in the woods and then starts shooting his rifle into the trees without even seeing his intended target, a wounded bear he was hunting for. What a stupid idiot! He doesn't know what the devil he's shooting at even. He dam near shoots a man and a small boy with him. Please see time mark 15:00 as a prime example of what not to do when gun handling.

·
Registered
729 Posts
It's a 66 year old program. Notice it's in black and white ? That's because they hadn't developed color photography for TV, or Color TV sets, for that matter, back in 1954. A big part of Lassie
plots had to do with dramatization of the bad things people did, and the wondrous way the Collie, Lassie, handled the situation.

OTOH, I seriously doubt the show's producers, back then, were toasting each other after the shoot, saying "HA HA! We made gun owners look like idiots, THIS TIME!".

·
AZHerper
3,726 Posts
I'm just curious what you are doing watching an OLD OLD Lassie episode?
He's doing this because he claims that he's making essentially harmless posts intended for the members on this forum's illumination and edification but he's bombarding us with "ho-hum" posts that are more irritating than valuable.

·
Banned
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 66 year old program. Notice it's in black and white ? That's because they hadn't developed color photography for TV, or Color TV sets, for that matter, back in 1954. A big part of Lassie
plots had to do with dramatization of the bad things people did, and the wondrous way the Collie, Lassie, handled the situation.

OTOH, I seriously doubt the show's producers, back then, were toasting each other after the shoot, saying "HA HA! We made gun owners look like idiots, THIS TIME!".
I'm aware that these show are old but they are all posted on YouTube. I am aware also that they are drama but people watching videos like this might deride gun owners and hunters by what they see anyway.

It's just an example of "don't be that guy". Gun safety is as pertinent today as it was 100 years ago.

·
Banned
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's doing this because he claims that he's making essentially harmless posts intended for the members on this forum's illumination and edification but he's bombarding us with "ho-hum" posts that are more irritating than valuable.
That's a subjective statement: more irritating than valuable.

·
Banned
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm just curious what you are doing watching an OLD OLD Lassie episode?
Because modern TV stinks. I love stories about farm life, the outdoors and country living. These old shows depict people's dressing right, talking right and acting like ladies and gentlemen. These old shows are devoid of profanity and vulgarity. Many Christian churches approve of Lassie for families and children for the content's wholesomeness. I don't see much of this genteel behavior in the real world anymore. Lassie shows how people help each other in the community in time of need. It promotes virtues as work ethics, honesty, wisdom, common sense, good business sense, charity and sharing.

·
Aim true !
10,257 Posts
The Waltons and Little house on the Prairie are 2 of my favorite past TV shows.

·
Jesus Saves
7,835 Posts
Because modern TV stinks. I love stories about farm life, the outdoors and country living. These old shows depict people's dressing right, talking right and acting like ladies and gentlemen. These old shows are devoid of profanity and vulgarity. Many Christian churches approve of Lassie for families and children for the content's wholesomeness. I don't see much of this genteel behavior in the real world anymore. Lassie shows how people help each other in the community in time of need. It promotes virtues as work ethics, honesty, wisdom, common sense, good business sense, charity and sharing.
Apparently you do not think it is good enough to support gun owners.

·
Premium Member
5,894 Posts
I’m reaching the end of my tolerance with this semi troll. He’s not even entertaining. I’m in a good mood right now but if this crap keeps up, I won’t be responsible for how I write a response. Just saying.

·
Jesus Saves
7,835 Posts
Pretty soon mr fox will be telling us the Elmer Fudd Looney Tunes cartoons are putting gun owners in a bad light.
Do not do what Elmer does boys! Just in case y’all didn’t know
Bugs Bunny puts his finger in there barrel and it backfires on Elmer.......yup, theft is eating this stuff up.

·
Registered
13,189 Posts
This guy is the real menace! Good thing he retired to FL and has calmed down......some.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
AZHerper
3,726 Posts
That's a subjective statement: more irritating than valuable.
I think that you're getting my message. Try posting things of interest to people on this forum. As for me...I think that I've made it abundantly clear. I find your useless posts considerably annoying. I've been coming here for a long time and perhaps I can just ignore you like irritating gnats and flies.

·
AZHerper
3,726 Posts
I’m reaching the end of my tolerance with this semi troll. He’s not even entertaining. I’m in a good mood right now but if this crap keeps up, I won’t be responsible for how I write a response. Just saying.
Me too. Look at my last post.

·
Jesus Saves
7,835 Posts
I think that you're getting my message. Try posting things of interest to people on this forum. As for me...I think that I've made it abundantly clear. I find your useless posts considerably annoying. I've been coming here for a long time and perhaps I can just ignore you like irritating gnats and flies.
People can post what they like as long as they do not break the rules. I don’t agree with some of the posts but it is a free world the last time I looked (at least now). We need to be careful when we come close to the freedom of speech line. The one that comes right before the 2nd amendment. You know, the one that helps us keep the 1st amendment.

There may be an ignore button somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts