National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
Who would have thought a bb gun could kill a person. The bb must have went into a vital area of the brain.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Guess he never saw A Christmas Story!
But seriously, They called this an accident. That kid purposely shot the teen. NOT an accident, just plain stupid.

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
Imagine what the 8YO must be feeling. That is a hell of alot for a youngster to deal with.

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Accidents like this are tragic also a direct result of anti gun radicals. None in my friends or family would have dreamed of pointing anything that shoots at anyone. Our fuzzy feel good anti gun crowd has made guns a mystery to the last two generations.

The easy path to the brain is through the eye socket, or the area between the front of the ear, and the orbit around the eye. Those are the points where the skull is the thickest.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,285 Posts
tragic no doubt...... not to sound callus,,, shot placement IS everything

Reactions: Northtidesix

·
Registered
737 Posts
Accidents like this are tragic also a direct result of anti gun radicals. None in my friends or family would have dreamed of pointing anything that shoots at anyone. Our fuzzy feel good anti gun crowd has made guns a mystery to the last two generations.

The easy path to the brain is through the eye socket, or the area between the front of the ear, and the orbit around the eye. Those are the points where the skull is the thickest.
Isn't that suppose to be where the skull is thinnest instead of thickest?
People killed with BB and pellet guns happen more than people think. And they are lumped in with every other gun if I am not mistaken. I have been before.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,976 Posts
Those single shot high power air rifles are deadly. I know of 3 different guys that have killed deer with them.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Those single shot high power air rifles are deadly. I know of 3 different guys that have killed deer with them.
I have one that is rated for 1,000fps which is probably faster than most of my real guns.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I talk about gun safety with parents I know. Even anti-gun and non gun owners. I explain that just because they don't own guns or may even hate them doesn't mean their kid won't run into them somewhere. I tell them to try and help the kids be safe and maybe even make the parent more gun friendly by making the guns seem less evil.

Kids don't listen but if you never tell them or teach them anything they will never have the chance that something might sink in their thick skulls. I had my granddaughter with me last weekend. It frustrates me that she can't follow simple instructions at times but there are other times where it surprises me that something I told her stuck with her. We have had gun safety training as early as two years old.

·
Registered
737 Posts
It is never to early.
For the ones that are in or come to my home that don't or can't shoot, I at least make them learn what NOT to do with a firearm should they encounter one. Which is highly likely in my home.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
"Accidents like this are tragic also a direct result of anti gun radicals. None in my friends or family would have dreamed of pointing anything that shoots at anyone. Our fuzzy feel good anti gun crowd has made guns a mystery to the last two generations."

And we own this misery to our "friends" the DemocRATS who have made it almost impossible for our nation's schools to teach gun safety.

Reactions: Wag

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
My new pellet rifle goes through 3/4 in OSB. I was shooting in the house and it went through and the pellets embedded in a cabinet behind my OSB back stop. My little Darwin moment lol.

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Isn't that suppose to be where the skull is thinnest instead of thickest?
People killed with BB and pellet guns happen more than people think. And they are lumped in with every other gun if I am not mistaken. I have been before.

You are right. One of these days I will learn to proof read. Oh well, thanks for the catch. I didn't see it until you pointed it out.:crazy:

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
I talk about gun safety with parents I know. Even anti-gun and non gun owners. I explain that just because they don't own guns or may even hate them doesn't mean their kid won't run into them somewhere. I tell them to try and help the kids be safe and maybe even make the parent more gun friendly by making the guns seem less evil.

Kids don't listen but if you never tell them or teach them anything they will never have the chance that something might sink in their thick skulls. I had my granddaughter with me last weekend. It frustrates me that she can't follow simple instructions at times but there are other times where it surprises me that something I told her stuck with her. We have had gun safety training as early as two years old.
Both of my sons, all of my nephews and nieces were in the field hunting with me when they were under a year old. Head phones riding in a back pack.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Before I was a per-teenager, I was taught to never point a gun (of any kind) at anything I didn't want to kill. We did not bring loaded guns into the house and were taught to leave unloaded guns on the rear covered porch. When I was a teenager and attending high school in my home town, it was very common to find several rifles inside of pickups hanging on a couple of hooks across the rear window. I do not recall any kind of an accidental shooting up until I joined the Navy when I was 17. We were taught that a gun is not a toy but rather a tool and to handle it properly. I don't think that is the case anymore.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts