National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep asking around and no one seems to stop a second and comprehend my question.

First let me tell you some backstory, recently at a gunshow a man had this custom made 'ghost gun,' what was interesting about it is it had the weirdest trigger I've ever seen. Every time the bolt cycled it would force the trigger back into ready mode, so each shot if you held pressure down on the trigger it would just keep firing. But it wasn't as if he was holding the trigger down on a normal Full-auto. He was still doing individual pulls of the trigger but the trigger mechanism pushed outward after each shot, which resulted in an 'automatic reset.' You comprehend what I'm saying? Is this gun not ILLEGAL without the proper license? I'm confused, and no one seems to be able to give me an answer. I tell you, if you tell me the same thing everyone else has I am liable to go bezerk!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
1. Unless this 'ghost gun' has a serial numbered receiver, it is illegal for anyone but its maker to possess.

2. So far as I know, the BATFE has no regulations banning 'auto reset' triggers.

3. Relying on answers to technical legal questions regarding firearms gathered from internet posting boards is not recommended.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Anyone trying to sell a 'Ghost Gun' is looking at serious time in prison. Anyone possessing or attempting to sell a gun that is "full auto" without the required permits is looking at prison time that's even longer.

If you know anyone, anywhere, who is attempting to sell these items, you need to walk away, fast.

·
Super Moderator
14,635 Posts
Where do you want me to go then! City council meeting?
I suppose you could ask at a City Council meeting.

Really though, as knowledgable as some of us are on this board, we still just Google the question and give that answer. It makes us look incredibly smart at times and not just an incredible smartass…

You got the best answer available.

When I have legal questions I usually start with the folks who are going to kick down my door if I'm wrong. Then I ask the people who are going to be defending me when I'm wrong. Then I ask myself if what I'm thinking of doing is wrong. By then I usually don't want to do it any more.

Alan

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
Was the guy trying to sell the gun or just demonstrating the trigger? The trigger is legal and so is the gun but you can't make or sell a un-serialized gun to another individual, just for yourself only.

BTW i think this is the trigger he's talking about.

Reactions: Stevejet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is exactly it! It is like the "tac con" trigger. Thank you for locating, that answers my question, I guess it is legal

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Neat gimmick. Dunno if its worth $350.00 to me, or not. Probably not.

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
Neat gimmick. Dunno if its worth $350.00 to me, or not. Probably not.
Not too me either. I put a POF trigger in my last build. I like it a lot but i thought it was rather expensive at half the price.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
Popeye is 100% correct ( As usual ) about not taking advice about laws from the internet. No one here would deliberately set you up, but the truth is ( For the most part ) we are as unsure of the laws as you are. The laws vary so much from state to state. I know the laws in my state but not yours, and on this issue I am unsure of the laws in my state. I can tell you what I THINK but that could get you 5 - 10 in your states prison if I were wrong.

With guns you need to KNOW. So go to the source. Go to your states Attorney General. If you can not find the info you are looking for on their web site, call them, e-mail them. They work for you and you already paid them when you paid your taxes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts