National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there anyone with any input on the TX22 barrel issues Ive heard of ??
Thinking of buying one till I heard this ..............

·
Registered
18,623 Posts
Use yer computers Search Engine to input this subject, then settle in for a long, long, long session of video and forum reviews.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Though there are a few people claiming barrel issue with Taurus TX22 but overall the build quality is amazing. One of my friend is using Taurus TX22 without any problem

·
Live Free
2,879 Posts
From what I have read, it seems a Taurus put out a batch of these guns initially with poor barrels that had so many tooling marks and inconsistencies in the rifling that they would foul the barrel with lead in short order. Taurus blamed the barrel manufacturer, I believe, and has since supposedly changed and is replacing the defective barrels. Taurus turned what could be a good gun into a turd by poor quality control...again. The TX22’s coming out since apparently are pretty good...and the price is good. It seems also, that Taurus customer service is improved and they are trying to make the issue right...but Taurus seems to still have persistent quality issues.

I bought a M&P .22 compact for my wife recently; it costs a few dollars more that the TX22, but it is overall an excellent little pistol that shoots any .22 Lr ammo we have fed it so far without a hiccup.

For my own tastes, I much prefer the quality of the Ruger Mark series of pistols, of which the 22/45 can be had for slightly more than a TX22 and shoots all day! The standard configuration Mark IV costs a bit more, but, IMO is a superior firearm in all aspects over the likes of the TX22. I currently own a Ruger Standard model (original of the Mark series) and a Target Mark IV. Both are very accurate and utterly reliable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your response .............. gives me food for thought here , Ive been looking at either SR22 4.5 barrel or the Mark 4 series
I have a Browning 1911-22 but its just too small feeling

·
Aim true !
10,296 Posts
It's a good idea to wait before buying something that just came out. Gives them time to work the ''bugs'' out. The new Glock 22 is having a lot of issues as an example. Along with the TX22 and it's barrel issue. Don't understand how a 1911 would be 2 small feeling? Except for one Like the baby rock.. My Ruger mark 4 i bought has nice grips. Maybe you would like one like it.
IMG_5947_d1450.JPG

Reactions: forty5

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Browning 1911-22 is not a full size gun ........... it has been reduced in size to compensate for 22 cal.
That gun looks nice

·
Aim true !
10,296 Posts
Awesome congrats. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I got to shoot one of these on Sat. Cool little gun, shot great and the trigger was awesome......But after awhile the accuracy started to go away and the owner noticed some leading. I'm guessing he has one with the bad barrels? I'll have to let him know they may replace it

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's good advice coalcracker,thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts