National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Older model Taurus 9mm PT-99 that doesn't have the decocking feature. I decided at the store to buy it before looking up reviews and what-not since I had a friend there that new all about guns and said it was a good handgun. Looking up reviews it turned he was right since I really can't find any bad reviews about the pistol but I feel like I paid a little more than I should have since the gun is used and is the older version. I bought it for $400 with only one 15 rd magazine. Was this a fair price? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Welcome to our forum. You shoudl head over to the New Members area and introduce yourself.

You can buy a brand new PT99 for $443, so I would say you over paid a bit. That gun should have sold for about $325, depending on condition.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
I don't know what a used one SHOULD sell for, I just made a guess based on the price of a new one. If you like the gun, don't worry about it, just shoot it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, with a 15 round mag, you may have made a good future deal depending on how hard the antis push the mag limits. Shoot and enjoy. You'll learn that you can leave the gun in the shop long enough to research the value at home, if it's overpriced in the shop, it will still be there tomorrow if you are interested. You can then make a reasonable offer, the worst that can happen is they say no.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.