National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,
I'm relatively new to handguns, so I'm not very confident yet in regards to values and legalities.
Anyways, I'm looking to buy a handgun from a buddy of mine's dad, specifically a Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro non-stainless, good condition. It will come with an extra mag, outside the belt holster, and some cleaning supplies I believe. What should I be offering for it? Also, I live in Colorado and he is in Idaho.
I've done a little research on ballpark prices, but he didn't accept my first two offers.
He said to keep in mind that it doesn't have the papers, so I'm assuming he wants more for that reason. Does it not having papers still make it legal for me to buy? If it is, would it influence the price that much?
Thanks a bunch for any input, as I really don't know a whole lot.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
First off welcome.

Secondly. I recommend a NRA Safety course as well as a basic pistol course. This is serious and you will learn a lot about firearms this way. I know it will cost you money but in the end it will save you money. Trust me.

Third. You need to do some research on guns before you decide what you want to purchase. Find some and fire them because every gun is different and fit everyone differently.

Fourth. The Taurus guns have a history of being low quality and untrustworthy. So if your buddy is wanting a high dollar amount for this gun then I would look at it that he is doing you a favor and not selling would be keeping that friendship going.

Reactions: GregM

·
It's Just My 2¢
5,118 Posts
In Tacoma WA there is an indoor shooting range that rents pistols.
That way you can try them out and see what you like. Not sure if you have one like that in your area, but it's worth a search.
I bought my CZ 75B after trying one there.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Forget the Taurus. As you are relatively new to guns, start with a quality revolver. If you insist on an autoloader, make sure it has a manually operated safety. Or two. Or more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts