Taurus

• Excellant Manufacture

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taurus has been manufacturing for a good time now and they are starting to become one of the best selling handguns at The gun store. Must sell 4-5 of them a WEEK. One do you guys think of this manufacture?

Please state wheather this is a personal experiance or a friend's experiance.

G

·
Rangemaster had an article in their August 2007 newsletter telling of all the problems they have seen in their classes with Taurus.

BUT, a recent episode on Personal Defense TV had a guy giving them rave reviews. I will stick with the opinions of those I know and trust, and realize Taurus are probably just a little on the cheap side.

G

·
I voted bad,August American Rifleman has an article on it.Main pic shows a view of the back of the cylinder, I could do a better job of machineing with a Dremel and a millbastard file. I shot a friends 586 clone, it shot a great pattern at 25 yds. We tried many different loads, most groups were around 8". Not a gun I would own.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I voted Good! I have a 22 mag, eight shot revolver that has a hammer that has a lot of sideways play in it. Gun works fine but you would never see that problem with a S&W.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've had three Tauri for several years now.
A M85UL, M605, and a PT92AFS. All three have done what they are supposed to do!!
The only Taurus I've had a problem with was the PT-145.

G

·
Good. I only have one, a new PT1911 and the only problem I have had with it is it would'nt feed hollow points but since I had it ported, it will feed empty cases. Shoots good. I give them an A+. -I :--- -I :---

G

·
I've got two, a .38 snubbie and "The Judge" 410bore/.45LC. Both work like a charm. No, they're not as tight as a S&W or Colt, but they get the job done at a lesser price.

I've also got a Firebird ragtop, it doesn't drive and ride like my Lexus. Most times you have to sacrifice something at $25,000 vs $45,000.

·
Registered
569 Posts
whompuss said:
I've got two, a .38 snubbie and "The Judge" 410bore/.45LC. Both work like a charm. No, they're not as tight as a S&W or Colt, but they get the job done at a lesser price.

I've also got a Firebird ragtop, it doesn't drive and ride like my Lexus. Most times you have to sacrifice something at $25,000 vs $45,000.
I don't like to sacrifice when it comes to my life that's why I sold my Taurus 24/7.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I love their revolvers. They are excellent weapons in my opinion. I have no experience with their pistols, though. Never even seen one in person. I don't think there are many (if any) around here.

edit: no wait I have seen one in a gun shop before, but it was the only one so far...

·
Registered
957 Posts
I voted "Good"..I dont own any, but have shot a few. They worked fine. I just cant stand the overststed wording on the side of the barrel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts