National Gun Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
And I ordered these from Hogue. They are back ordered but it’s better than ordering a set I won’t care for. I just prefer darker rich colors on stainless.

I still haven’t shot this dang thing.

Hair Head Arm Plant Human body

·
Aim true !
12,724 Posts
I like them grips. Im thinking about polishing my Mossberg 22 stainless rifle.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Here are more pictures from Hogue’s sight. The color is lighter in these pics so I’m assuming anything in between is what I’ll get. It was cheaper by $12 and no shipping costs to order them from Hogue’s Amazon store than it was from their website. I checked the model numbers, model/sku 66300, they are the same grips.
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

Liquid Fluid Art Lamp Gas

I think as long as I don’t screw up the finish, it’ll be a purdy gun when finished. Then it’s on to the internals. Something has to be done with the cylinder release. It’s atrocious. Almost like it’s bound up.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My son apparently never looks in the gun case. I grabbed my 500 magnum out of it and he said, "You have two of them?". I said, "no, that's a 460". The look of confusion said it all. Of course, the wind chill is 9 degrees and he wanted to shoot it so I loaded two hot 45 Colts in it and handed it to him (250gr @ 1,000fps), then grabbed that new 44 magnum and put two rounds in it, since it had never been fired.

He loves my Ruger 44 Buntline so I told him that 45 Colt would feel like a BB gun out of that 73oz X-Frame. He agreed after he fired them. Then we both fired 1 from the 44 magnum. That thing is surprisingly tame with 240gr @1310fps. Very enjoyable. I doubt I will get rid of that one. Trigger is pretty decent. Single action is about perfect. Just need to polish her up and wait for the wood new grips. I don't like those 2 piece rubber grips. Not at all. Too bad it won't take a set of Smith K/L grips. I have 2 extra sets of those target grips I put on the 460 & 500.

·
AZHerper
5,431 Posts
Very nice. My EDC is a Taurus. It's a 16-ounce titanium 605SH2 .357 magnum. They don't make anymore and I have mine loaded with .38 SPL +P's to reduce recoil (I have carpal tunnel syndrome). I really like the gun.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Since the new 6.5" Tracker 357 is ported, I'd expect to be very tame as well. I was surprise to see that this Model 44 was a bit heavier than the 10.5" Ruger with that bull barrel but it is. Model 44 is 58.5oz, the Ruger is 55oz.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So I’m buffing, and I’m sanding, and I’m buffing and sanding some more. Then I’m sanding and in sanding, then I buff it some more…

I’m like what the hell??? I go streaks, I got cloudiness. Then I pop the side plate off and flip it over… It’s CAST!! Not good, not good at all… it’s at a near polish but will never be polished. So, looks like I’m going with satin. I’ll have to finish off the rest then brush the whole damn thing.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I threw some paper up and gave it a go at 30 yards. It was barely clipping the edge of the paper. I ended up moving to 15 yards and made quite a few adjustments to get it on target. I’ve got it to bullseye accuracy at 15 yards. I’ll need to move back another time and adjust elevation for 30 yards. Spent 24rds on paper but at least it’s right.

The pic is how far right I had to adjust the rear sight.

Hand Finger Wood Satellite phone Gadget

21 - 33 of 33 Posts