National Gun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sad to see nothing in this revolver forum less that a month old except one zombie thread raised from 2013. Anyway…

I just ordered a Taurus model 44 with the 8 3/8” barrel. I want something to experiment with that I won’t cry if I screw it up. Thought it a good deal under $560 shipped. It’s a bigun’ just like I like em.

Revolver Trigger Air gun Line Gun barrel

Like I said, I want something to play around with. See what I can do to that matte finish, etc. Neighbor has a friend that’s been laser engraving. Might just see if I can’t bring that matte to a satin and let him experiment on it. That’s a lot of “IFs”. We’ll see.

·
Premium Member
8,147 Posts
I fired one of those once and the rear part of the trigger guard kept hitting the back of my fingers. It wasn’t comfortable or enjoyable.
My FFL guy was looking to restore the bright chrome finish on a pimped out colt revolver where the cylinder flutes has turned dull. I think he’s going to try a buffing wheel and some red and white jewelers rouge. Harbor freight has at kit.

·
Aim true !
12,423 Posts
I have a tracker in 357. I buffed stainless on it. It came out better than the factory finish. Before and after.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Revolver Trigger Wood Automotive exhaust Gun barrel

·
Registered
15,520 Posts
My LGS just put out a bunch of revolvers the other day when i picked up my Ruger 22/45. Some nice S&W 629's, 29 and a few others. Almost wish they were out before i bought the Ruger and they'll probably be gone by my next purchase.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'd like to find a good .44 mag revolver to go along with my model 1894 Marlin in that caliber.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like to find a good .44 mag revolver to go along with my model 1894 Marlin in that caliber.
I matched my Henry up with a 44 mag Super Blackhawk 10.5” Buntline. Nothing wrong with a double action, I just thought they went better together with a single action.

Top one. Converted it to a Bisley for comfort. (My oldest boy loves that gun. My middle boy loves the Uberti Buntline .45 below it.)
Trigger Air gun Pipe Gun accessory Auto part

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've considered a Super Blackhawk, I've also given thought to a DA revolver. The Bisley conversion looks nice, I've thought about doing that to my older New Model Blackhawk in .45 Colt. My handgun collection is kind of heavy on single action revolvers only none in .44 mag. at the moment.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've considered a Super Blackhawk, I've also given thought to a DA revolver. The Bisley conversion looks nice, I've thought about doing that to my older New Model Blackhawk in .45 Colt.
This conversation reminded me I created a short 1 min clip of the boys shooting them. I never uploaded it, so I just did.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Mike Weber here is the link to that 44 mag bisley conversion.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I was looking at doing my New Model Blackhawk conversion using all Power Custom parts. I was also looking at doing the free spin pawl conversion at the same time.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Aim true !
12,423 Posts
I started out with Never dull. Finshed with mothers mag polish. I did it by hand. I just did a little at a time. I did my Chippa 1911 22 too. Their finish was coming off the slide. It's a softer potmetal though.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts